A 30 year old petite, 5', weigh 125 pounds, small 34B. Looking for natural full size? (photo)

Need recommendations on the right fit. I'm scheduled for BA in November had one consultation with the PS a few months ago. My sizing appointment is one week before surgery. I'm told the PS will not be marking me pre-op, is this of concern? Looking for natural full look, not too small and certainly not too big for my body size. What would you recommend for my body type? Thank you.

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+2

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural full size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Implant size

+2

The section of the size implant depends on how large you want to be after surgery. Something in the mid 300 cc range will make you a full C cup. If you want to be a D cup, I would go into the lw 400 cc range. You state your surgeon doesn't mark his patients before breast augmentation surgery. Neither do I. I only mark them fr a lift or reduction.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Natural Look Breast Augmentation

+2

Thank you for your question. You are petite with very normal natural looking breasts that do not sag and are quite symmetrical.

I certainly agree with you that a natural look is your best option and the most important thing is not to go too big.

There are many methods available to choose the appropriate size of breast implant for breast augmentation. Your plastic surgeon will hopefully take appropriate measurements of your breasts and chest which will help the surgeon decide the appropriate sized implant for your body.

However trying various size of implants is also a very valuable method for you. One such sizing system is the Mentor Breast Implant Sizing System which provides various sizes of trial implants that are designed to have the shape of the implant once it is inserted into your body.

Another method is the Rice Test which is described in the link to the article below.

Generally speaking when patients who are petite and tell me they want a natural look and do not want to look overly large breasted I typically use an implant in the 250-275 cc range.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Looking for natural full size?

+2

My sizing preference is to have my patients try on sizer implants, and then I use that info along with breast measurements to guide the choice of size and profile of implants.

With your current breast size and shape I would expect you will have a great result. All the best.

Bring your Plastic Surgeon pictures of the size of breasts you are looking for.

+2

Bring your Plastic Surgeon pictures of the size of breasts you are looking for. This is extremely helpful to show what volume breast you are looking for. Based on your own pictures, you should have a great result as you have good symmetry and no ptosis (drop to your breasts). As far as markings go, I always mark my patients before surgery but what works for one doctor does not work for another. Just make sure your plastic surgeon is board certified by the american board of plastic surgeons and is experienced in doing breast augmentation. Best of luck!

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Small round textured silicone gel retro-pectoral

+1
At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

are you sure the chosen surgeon is a boarded PS? I ALWAYS mark pre operatively! As for size over the internet very hard to be exact. I think 350 to 400 cc range..

Breast implant size

+1
Implant size depends on chest width, amount of native breast tissue, breast width, and expectations. This needs to be determined via a conversation with your plastic surgeon.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Sizing breast implants

+1

There are a number of ways to help a patient decide what shape and size implant may be best in her particular case. In our practice, we take into consideration the patient's desires along with with her body frame and tissue elasticity. Without a physical exam, it is difficult to say what size implant may be best for you, but I too would suggest you ask to try on the implants in a bra before making any final decisions. Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon