5 months Post Op: Ear cartilage bumps on nose bridge? (photo)

2nd surg, ear cartilage in fascia was used on my Asian nose bridge. 1st surg. used a silicone implant. Prior to this 3rd surg, I had 1 at the same spot also due to cartilage. I wanted this surgeon to fix it. Now I have 2! It showed up at ~ 2 mos PO. 1) Will it worsen over time or get better? 2) My doc offered to use some filler to soften up the cartilage. Does this work? Will it affect the other cartilage?

3rd Surgery, 5 months Post Op: Ear cartilage bumps on nose bridge?

+1
I might try a filler to area to see if it camouflages the appearance. Otherwise additional surgery is very risky business..//  

Fillers to modify the shape of the nose

+1
Fillers are a good minimally invasive means of changing the shape of the nose. Fillers will not soften or affect the cartilage grafts or the surrounding cartilage. What it will do is soften and augment the shadows around the 2 cartilage bumps. Thanks for sharing your photo and question. Best wishes.
For more information about fillers:

Gregory Park, MD

Asian nose surgery

+1
I am very sorry to find that you did not achieve the results you looked for.
On the other side please allow me to remind you that the nose can stand only a limited number of surgical procedures and unfortunately it seems you have already reached a critical level.
Yes the results might keep changing but I would be very careful in going ahead with further treatments unless absolutely needed and with a clear plan and an acceptable success rate.

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon