Am I a Candidate for a Male Full Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction? (photo)

I lost a lot of weight at age 19, and have remained active since. It is discouraging to lose too much weight now because I get very loose skin and almost feel like higher body fat percentage looks better. I am 28 and seeking some advice, on whether the full Tummy tuck with breast tissue removed under the right nipple and liposuction would provide the most aesthetically pleasing results. Also I'd be interested in being able to return to strenuous exercise afterwards eventually.

Male tummy tuck and breast reduction

+2

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your weight loss and for keeping it down. Although based on photos alone it is difficult to give a definitive answer, I believe you are a very good candidate for a VASER Hi Def Liposuction to define your abdominal muscles, remove the love handles, define your upper arms and chest. This is a procedure which will give you an athletic body. The recovery is longer than regular liposuction, which reduces your fat, but will not provide muscle definition. See a board certified plastic surgeon trained in this type of body sculpting for a personal consultation and evaluation. Good luck.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Procedures for the most aesthetically pleasing results.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

It is difficult to tell from photos alone, but it appears as though a tummy tuck, or liposuction or a combination of the two would help to give you a much flatter midsection. As for the breasts, liposuction with or without some excision of glandular tissue (not skin!) would be sufficient it appears. I highly recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation so that they may examine you and guide you in the right direction.

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

Great Candidate

+1

I think you are a great candidate for these procedures! You may also return to physical activity once the healing is completed.  Congratulations on the weight loss!!  Best of luck!!

Elizabeth R. Blakemore, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Male tummy tuck

+1

You would benefit from either liposuction of the abdomen or a tummy tuck (best option). Your breasts look to be fatty so liposuction should work as well. 

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for a Male Full Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction?

+1

Dear Konrad,

Thank you for your post. You are doing well.  I think all you need in the chest area is liposuction with ultrasound or vaser, and the belly, continue to lose weight or liposution with mini-tummy tuck with a very low incision. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Male tummy tuck

+1

Yes, men do well with liposuction and skin removal..  Often times, the residual lower abdominal skin can be removed through a low incision in  the lower abdomen.  The upper abdomen can be contoured with liposuction.   You should be able to enjoy all activities in a short recovery period.  Your exact corrective surgery requires a detailed discussion and planning.

H. Michael Roark, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo of chest

+1

Based on your photos it appears you have loose abdominal skin and would benefit from a tummy tuck. Liposuction of your chest with possible breast tissue removal would give you a nice, flat contour to your chest wall. An examination by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon would give you a better idea of your surgical options.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

+1

You might be a candidate for liposuctionof your stomach and chest. Your abdomen if very loose may need some skin removal. Best to be seen in person.

Male Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction.

+1

Thank you for your question.  Patients who lose a lot of weight have relative skin laxity.  However your youthful age means that you have a lot of elasticity in your skin (relative to older people).  Your photos suggest that you would be a great candidate for liposculpting the abdomen and breasts (without the need for incisional removal of skin and fat/ glandular tissue).  Since you are in San Diego, I would suggest you come into our office for a consultation so I can assess your skin quality and determine if you have sufficient elasticity to skip the tummy tuck and  breast reduction and instead do some aggressive liposculpting.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Male tummy tuck and breast correction after weight loss

+1

Thank you for asking about a tummy tuck and breast reduction after weight loss.

1. Congratulations on losing the weight and keeping it off.
  2. From the photos, a tummy tuck to tighten muscle, remove excess skin and liposuction the sides should give you a nice result.
  3. In the photo, I cannot tell if there is excess breast tissue (gynecomastia). See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and if there is excess tissue, surgical removal, done cautiously, often works best. Best wishes. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD