What type of tummy tuck would best get rid of my bulge and stretch marks (photo)?

I do not think I am overweight but I am sick of the bulge I have and can't get rid of along with the stretch marks I have my main goal is to get rid of them and tight the areas around my hips and lower tummy so what type of tummy tuck would be best for me? I am a mil spouse and am also wondering the ball park range of price for this as well, do some places offer discounts for military or second financing even if we already have financing from another company like care credit?

Is a tummy tuck possible?

+1
After reviewing your photos and having you understand that you have not been examined, I think you may be a candidate for a lower tummy tuck and liposuction.  With a high placement of the umbilicus and moderate lower abdominal skin stretching, a low incision with lower abdomen muscle repair plus upper abdomen liposuction, often means no incision around the umbilicus.  A good experienced plastic surgeon will share options with you.

Tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your question.  You are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and tightening of the underlying muscle.  The bulge is caused by looseness of the muscles which is corrected at the time of surgery.  Many plastic surgeons offer military discounts.  Also financing is available through a company called CareCredit.  You can even fill out an application on line.  The cost of the surgery would likely be in the $8000 range inclusive of all costs. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy tuck options

+1
are considerable and recommended according to what your goals are and what the tissue is like on exam.  Find a local plastic surgeon and find out what the costs are and then you can 'shop around'.  If you find a surgeon providing discounts to military, then certainly consider that. 

Curtis Wong, MD

What type of tummy tuck would best get rid of my bulge and stretch marks

+1
A srandard full tummy tuck with muscle repair should get you to te results you want. Find a good board certified surgeon in your area experienced with the procedure. Don't go for te mini TT or you will be back in a few years getting it improved.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What type of tummy tuck?

+1
There are a variety of surgical procedures or combinations that can produce good results in patients with abdominal laxity, depending on multiple factors including their anatomy and degree of desired improvement: A mini tummy tuck, an umbilical float modified tummy tuck, a full abdominoplasty. Each of these can be performed with or without liposuction and with or without abdominal muscle repair. They produce different degrees of improvement.

No matter which procedure that you decide to undergo, it is advisable that you should wait until you are finished having children.

Fees vary depending on the extent of the procedure and from surgeon to surgeon. Offices vary in their policies about military family discounts. Having served in the military as a physician and being appreciative of what those in the service do for our country, we do take that into consideration with regard to surgical fees.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for the photos and thank you for your husband's service to his country.  From those photos you would clearly benfit from a traditional abdominoplasty which will remove the excess skin and tighten your muscles.  As an X military physcian my practice like others in the community offer discounts to the military so I thinky you should be able to get the operation you desire at a price you can afford.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
A standard tummy tuck would remove loose skin, tighten the muscles, and remove the stretchmarks below the navel.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

TT

+1
My personal opinion is to do an extended Tummy Tuck in order to get rid of the flaccid skin on your abdominal area as well as the sides (further the hip bone). During this procedure a nice and tight muscle repair should be done in order to achieve a flat abdomen and tapered waist.
The incision is placed very low in order you would be able to wear a bikini or low rise jeans.
The stretch marks above the navel will not disappear with the Tummy Tuck.
You will be looking beautiful after the procedure. We do offer discount to military patients.
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for bulge

+1
I would highly consider a standard tummy tuck for your situation, but without a personal physical exam, I can't say for certain. With the standard tummy tuck, the belly button is replaced and the skin between the belly button and the pubic hair is removed. So all the stretch marks below your belly button would be gone. With a mini tummy tuck, you can only remove so much tissue because your are stuck with how far you can stretch the belly button down ( the abdominal skin is tethered at the belly button). We typically offer a military discount in my office as a thank you for your or your husbands service. Not sure if everyone offers this. Typical price including surgeon fee, OR and anesthesia is around $9000-10,000. Good luck. 

Michael Burgdorf, MD