Is there such a thing as an all-over body lift?

As a young teen my weight topped the scales at 400lbs, from there I lost weight only to gain again (yo yo dieting) most of my adult life. I have successful reached 175 (I'm 5'10) and I feel like I have hit a wall, I swear the sagging skin weights 30lbs. I would like to remove all skin in one session, is this possible? Photos coming soon. I'm ready to move on with my life! I just need to know if there are plastic surgeons who specialize in this or am I looking at going under the knife many times

Post bariatric body contouring

+3
Hello and thank you for your question.  I do specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring.  I will often do all the procedures in one surgical setting, depending on a multitude of factors.  Will need to see photos, find out about your general health before making recommendations.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Combining separate procedures can give you an “all over” body lift.

+1
I totally understand your feelings of wanting to move on, especially after working so hard to lose all that extra weight. There are a few different surgeries that I think can help remove the excess skin you find so frustrating and combining them is certainly an option, although maybe not all at once. For example, it’s common to perform a thigh lift at the same time as a tummy tuck for a complete lower body lift, but perhaps schedule an arm lift later on. I recommend looking for a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in post-weight loss body contouring and will work with you to determine the best way to proceed for your unique needs.

David L. Kaufman, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Body lift

+1
A common first line of attack for patients who have lost weight is a body lift procedure. Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy = lower body lift. This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation). A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations. Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1
  I perform hundreds of body contouring surgeries each year, and every patient needs and wants something different.

Over all body lift

+1
Although some plastic surgeons will often do many or all of the procedures in one sitting, I don't usually do that.  Having operated on massive weight loss patients for almost 20 years I have found that combining many of the procedures can be attractive to patients, but not necessarily the best choice.  Often there are little revisions to do, and these are easily combined with the 2nd stage of procedures without incurring an extra operating room or anesthesia charge for the revisions.  Hope that helps.

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Total body lift after massive weight loss.

+1
This is an excellent question.  Congratulations on your weight loss.

Treating the arms, breast, abdomen, buttocks, flanks, back, and thighs are all sometimes needed after massive weight loss.

Some combination of procedures can be combined as a single operation, but not all of them.

These are complex procedures. Find an experienced surgeon. Determine the best and safest surgical plan. Expect to undergo multiple stages to get the best and safest results.

Timothy Connall, MD