Short, over rotated, upturned tip. How long should I wait for a secondary rhinoplasty? What is my best option? (Photo)

Hello, Last June 10 I went to TJ Mexico For a rhinoplasty, I wanted to raise a little tip and remove a bit of volume on the sides. the tip was a little fall, and when I laughed, sides of the nose is open. surgeon removed the fat side of the top of the nose, and placed in the columellar graft taken from my ear to the tip top. the nostrils are very noticeable, and I feel it's nose is not natural. I'm 20 years old and I think it's one of the worst in my life to take. I need help please!

Too soon to judge the result; wait at least six, possibly nine months. If still unsatisfactory, there may be a non-surgical opt

+2
Dear Nata:

It's just too soon to be certain that you would need a secondary procedure.The rule in nose surgery is that “the tip always drops,” so you need to give it time. It should gradually become better. Now, it may be that after many months you realize that it is still not the nose that you want. So you should re-consult with your original surgeon and ask what can be done to improve the result. Besides a surgical revision rhinoplasty, there are non-surgical or injection revision rhinoplasty techniques and you are going to want to look into that. There are ways to test to see if you would qualify and benefit from the non-surgical option. But right now, you do have to give it time. One month is still a short period of time in the life of a healing nose. Most likely it will improve and hopefully you will be satisfied.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty

+2
If you mean June of 2014, it is probably way to early to determine the need for a revision.  Having said that, if it indeed a recent surgery, you should be under the care of a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon.  There are simple things that can nudge the healing process along.  If the columellar graft is too large, this is one of the early surgical revisions that can be done.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Timing of secondary Rhinoplasty

+2
The general rule of thumb is that one has to wait about a year prior to undergoing secondary Rhinoplasty. In reality, some revision can be performed earlier, depending on individual healing and resolution of swelling. In your particular case, it is apparent that your tip is excessively rotated. Lengthening the nose is rather difficult, but possible. Seek out an experience and talented surgeon for an in person consultation.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon