Would Rhinoplasty Help Feminize my Face? (photo)

I've always felt that my nose is too bulbous and big for my face. I'm wondering if I had it slimmed out just a little it would help harmonize the rest of my face. I have deep set eyes, and a small chin which does not help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Take care and God bless you:) Rachel:)

Rhinoplasty

+2
Your photos are not really adequate for correcting any problems yiou may have. From these photos your nose looks very good. It is possible that you would benefit from a small chin implant, but this would be better determined by better photos or a consultation.

Would Rhinoplasty Help Feminize my Face?

+1

Hi Rachel. It is very difficult to analyze your nose because the pictures are of poor quality. Certainly refining a nasal tip will help feminize a nose. If your chin is a concern, a chin implant might be something to consider and can easily be done with your rhinoplasty. I suggest you seek the professional advice of a reputable Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Stephen P. Smith, Jr., MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip and weak chin profile

+1

A bulbous tip rhinoplasty involves suturing the tip cartilages together and sometimes an additional conservative amount of excess cartilage removal as well. All this can be performed  with closed rhinoplasty techniques under brief general anesthesia. A weak chin profile can be addressed  by placement of a small Silastic implant  through a submental incision at the same time as the rhinoplasty procedure. Augmenting the chin  gives the illusion that the nose is less projecting which helps with facial balance. For examples of rhinoplasty and chin implant combination in our practice, please see the link below

+1

Although nasal tip refinement would make the nasal tip more attractive, an ideal female face has cheeks that are full and more round than those shown in the photos.  The chin is also weak and Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant would balance the entire lower face. In order of aesthetic priority and ability to make your face more naturally feminine and attractive:

1. Cheek Augmentation with Cheek Implants (or a filler...I prefer Perlane)
  2. Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant
  3. Rhinoplasty to thin the nasal tip

Rhinoplasty will soften your appearance.

+1

Thank you for your photos.  Unfortunately they are out of focus, so I cannot give you an in depth analysis.  The general shape of the tip suggests that we could refine the tip, giving you a softer, more feminine appearance.  I would strongly suggest you come into our office for a personal consultation during which we could perform 3 D imaging of your face and nose and show you how a rhinoplasty could affect your facial appearance.  Just give us a call (858) 720-1440.  Hope to see you soon.

Gilbert Lee, MD

+1

Posted photo out of focus. Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from rhiniplasty surgeons i  San Diego. Dr Steven Cohen comes to mind as a good one to see. 

Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

In my opinion I believe  you would benefit greatly from rhinoplasty surgery allowing you to refine your nose to fit your facial features. I also believe you would benefit from a chin augmentation. With these two procedures you should achieve the balance and aesthetic desires you are requesting.  A direct examination and consultation with a rhinoplasty expert will  help inform you of what needs to be done to harmonize your features. Personally I use a digital imaging computer to show my consulting patients what their proposed results would look like. This allows you the patient to see what these modifications will look like on you and better help the discussion process and understanding fully what your surgeons expected results are. The fun part of the consultation is you get to see the proposed results of the procedures before they are done. In helping my patients realize how close in proximity the digital imaging photos are to their actual results I show them hundreds of photos showing the actual before, the imaging photo and then the finalized result. This helps bring reassurance to the patient that what is proposed is usually possible. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery to address your nasal tip will help soften your facial appearance.  An in-person consultation is recommended with computer morphing so that you can visualize what you may look like after surgery.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

+1

Your tip can be made smaller and your nose can be refined through a closed rhinoplasty approach.  This is a common request and is done every day. I think that a chin implant would probably help you as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty to Feminize Face

+1

Nasal reduction , especially the fuller tip, will make your nose more proportional with your surrounding facial features. Chin augmentation will also improve facial proportions and actually make your nose look smaller.