Juvederm or Voluma in cheeks to reduce smile lines? (Photo)

I dislike the lines I have around my mouth and how my profile looks. I currently have Juvederm in my lips. I am wondering whether to fill these lines around my mouth with Juvederm or to get Voluma in my cheeks that would hopefully give me a better profile and pull up my skin to reduce those lines? Any suggestions?

Nasolabial folds

+1
Voluma is great for the cheeks.  This may soften your nasolabial folds.   To treat your nasolabial folds, I would suggest you consider Juvederm.

Voluma or Juvederm smile lines.

+1
Based on your photos I think you would benefit from Voluma to upper medial cheeks which will soften the nasolabial folds ("parentheses"). You may need just a little filler to the folds directly. Your lip projection is out of proportion to your chin projection. I would recommend chin enhancement and less filler in the lip itself for better balance. This will improve your profile proportions. Please consult a board certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon for treatment options. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm vs. Voluma for cometic improvement of the face

+1
Patient interested in augmenting their cheeks and reduce their smile lines could benefit from injectable fillers like Voluma™ and Juvederm ™. Voluma is FDA approved for cheek augmentation. Juvederm™ is FDA approved for severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). Patients interested in cosmetic improvement of their cheeks and smile lines with these type of fillers should discuss about their indications, risks and benefits with their Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

John Mesa, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Voluma

+1
I would recommend Juvederm Ultra Plus in your nasolabial folds (the lines coming down to your mouth). While Voluma may decrease the appearance of these lines or folds, the Juvederm Ultra Plus will treat it directly. However, if you are looking for more cheek volume, which I don't know that you really need, then I would recommend a small amount of Voluma to the cheeks in addition. 

Craig W. Colville, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend VOLUMA for your cheeks!

+1
For years, many of us have been focusing on volume replacement to the cheeks instead of filler to the nasolabial folds because physiologically this just makes more sense.  In your case, you have early volume loss to the medial cheek and would benefit from a small amount of Voluma to this area to help create a more heart-shaped appearance to your mid-face.  I would definitely not focus on your folds.

Although many patients mistakingly think that the nasolabial folds should be treated first, this belief stems more from the fact that the pharmaceutical companies emphasized this area because that is the area for which they were FDA approved.  Those of us who have actually studied the anatomy agree that the cheeks are a far more effective starting point for facial rejuvenation.  

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm or Voluma for smile lines?

+1
Thank you for posting your photos.  You have lovely cheeks and I don't personally think you need any filler (like Voluma) in your cheeks.  Voluma can definitley help "lift" the cheeks and soften those smile lines, but with your already full cheeks I think you would run the risk of potentially looking "over done".  For your smile lines, or nasolabial folds, I would recommend some Juvederm Ultra to soften the lines. 
I would see what your injector thinks as well with a face-to-face consultation.
Good luck!

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Juvederm or Voluma for smile lines?

+1
Juvederm or Voluma for smile lines are both good options. Here are the differences: Juvederm will last up to 1 year and would treat smile lines by injecting directly into the smile lines. Voluma will last up to 2 years but instead of injecting directly into the smile lines, Voluma is injected along the cheek bones to lift the upper cheeks and thereby reducing the appearance of smile lines. Click on the Web Reference link below to find a plastic surgeon and their pricing near you.

Jonathan Kaplan, MD, MPH

Voluma for cheek/chin augmentation

+1
Based on the 3 photos, Voluma could help you in the cheeks as well as nasojugal lines.I would put the Voluma deep into the tissue for a lifting effect in a medial to lateral fashion. I would be conservative in the amount used. I would also recommend that you augment your chin for a more balanced profile view. You would also benefit by having Juvederm injected into your smile lines. I would not put anymore in your lips. Good luck.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon