How extensive will my Mommy Makeover be? How much should I expect to pay? (photos)

I've given birth 4 times. Now at 30 years old I'm done having children. I have decided to do a mommy makeover. I live in San Diego my budget is $9,500 :( do you think I might have to look outside the state or county? I want to get it done May 2015. Is it too early to seek consults? Should I call each office and get a ballpark range of cost? I don't want to waste anyone's time including my own.My belly button is very wrinkly and stretched, can it be fixed? How much stretch marks will be left?

Choose/rank the areas which bother you the most for your Mommy Makeover

+3
It's never too early to start interviewing practices if you plan a May 2015 date.  A Mommy Makeover usually is composed of procedures, designed to restore a woman's body to the pre-pregnancy condition and can include breast lift with/without breast implants, tummy tuck, umbilical hernia repair, liposuction of the flanks.
Apart from budgetary constraints, you should also consider the following: a. post-op child care, including lifting, driving, how much help you may be able to get from relatives, friends, etc; b. whether your aesthetic ideals and preferred activities (exercise regimen, sports, etc.) are compatible with choosing the entire "final exam"; c. which areas truly bother you; d. your overall health.  Sounds like the wrinkly skin and stretch marks are a priority for you; these are well addressed by a tummy tuck, in which excess and/or stretch mark damaged skin is removed, the belly button is reshaped and the abdominal wall muscle separation corrected.
Tummy tuck and mastopexy combo would be feasible and probably conform to your budget, however this combo does require some follow-up, which would  be difficult if you elect out of state/county options.  
Choose a BC surgeon who has an active interest in MM and a practice you would want to care for you.  In the long run, this will be a sounder economical and safe decision. 

Mommy Makeover Costs

+1
From the photos it certainly looks like you would be a great candidate for a Mommy Makeover. A full Tummy tuck and breast augmentation with or without a lift will address your areas of concern. Definitely start seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation and more details. If you are planning to go outside of the country for surgery, keep in mind that the travel and stay will add to your cost. Finding a surgeon you are comfortable with is far more important than the price. 

The costs for a Mommy Makeover will vary depending on what region of the US you live in and the physician doing the surgery. The cost can usually be broken down in to the surgical fee, the operating room fee, and the anesthesia fee. As the OR and anesthesia often charge by the hour, these fees can vary depending on how long it takes to do the procedure and how many procedures you are combining. Someone very petite with no fat (just loose skin) will take less time than someone larger. Total costs in the Bay Area probably range from to close to 15K or 20K. Depending on your insurance plan, repair of a hernia at the same time may be covered as well as some or all of the OR and anesthesia costs. This can vary widely. Hope this answers your question. MGood luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make over on a budget

+1
Start your plastic surgery consultations now.
Photos suggest you will do well with a breast enlargement and tummy tuck 
With saline implants, your budget might be a little under but reasonably close.
Do not travel abroad for this surgery - there is a significant risk of air travel after a tummy tuck.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Mommy Makeover

+1
1) Is it too sone to start consultations?  You don't mention when yo last gave birth and whether or not you recently stopped lactating. It is never to early for you to start tour own research, But You need to wait a minimum of four months after childbirth in order for a plastic surgeon to provide a good surgical plan

2) Budget of $9500? That will likely not be enough for a mommy makeover from a board certified plastic surgeon with an acceded OR and anesthesia administered by a n MD anesthesiologist. You are trusting someone with your appearance, your health and your life.  You may elect to pick the area of most concern, address that first, and later have a secondary procedure performed.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy maker over options

+1
I think you will benefit from a breast augmentation which will also lift your breast and a tummy tuck. Is never to early to start your research. You are not waisting time by getting all the information you need. I will not advice surgery outside the country, follow up is as important as the surgery itself. Many plastic surgery practices offer financing programs.

Patricia Yugueros, MD

Ready for Mommy Makeover #mommymakeover

+1
Great question. It is not too early to start searching around and price shopping. Some offices will give you a price and some will not, mostly because it is so hard to say what the price is until you have been examined. Feel free to make calls but at the end of the day your decision should not be based on what you are told over the phone. What you think you may need and what the surgeon actually tells you that you need to achieve your goals may be worlds apart. My advice is to ask around about surgeons who have good reputations for what you want, make sure they are board certified by the american board of plastic surgery and set up several consultations. There is no way around that it costs money to have cosmetic surgery. Choose the right surgeon rather than the cheapest price. You may save yourself costs for having corrective surgery by choosing the cheapest but not that best person for the job.

Richard J. Brown, MD

How extensive will my Mommy Makeover be? How much should I expect to pay?

+1
From your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for a mommy makeover.  Although, costs can vary, the combination of a full tummy tuck, breast lift and breast augmentation will probably cost somewhat more than $9,500.  However, I would caution you not to go out of state or out of country to have your surgery.  In most cases medical tourism is not a good idea.  A mommy makeover is a major surgery which requires good long term follow-up by your surgeon and you want that surgeon to be nearby.  Remember it is your body we are talking about, do not cut corners to save costs.  Seek out a local, board certified plastic surgeon with extensive mommy makeover experience.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+1
Hi, thanks for your question.

I think you need the Tummy Tuck, liposuction of flanks and BBL to give you a good body shape. Also breast lift with implants, that's my opinion. As for cost, tha surgery costs approximately 5,000 dollars.

Dr. Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD

Mommy makeover

+1
In my opinion, you would benefit from a tummy tuck and a breast lift with implants.  Schedule a few consults with board certified plastic surgeons in your area to get an idea of the average cost.  I would strongly recommend you avoid going out of the country for the procedures. Read other RealSelf patient reviews regarding medical tourism.  If you cannot afford both procedures at once, consider having the one you want most first, then saving for the next.  This is a far safer plan than traveling abroad for surgery.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+1
I would recommend a tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and a breast augmentation with a breast lift. If you elect to use saline implants you may find some surgeons who can do this and stay within your budget. Silicone implants will likely exceed your budget. Consult with a few surgeons now and don't make cost a main determining factor. Go by the surgeon's credentials, demeanor, reviews and before and after photos.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD