Chin Augmentation or Nasal Tip Refinement, or Both?

Ok, doctors.....I'm 35 years old and we women are always trying to fight the downward slope we start to fall in to after we hit our mid-thirties. I have BIG features! Deep skeleton eyes, big cheeks, big fish lips and big-o-forehead to match. I need professional, brutally honest answers please! My question is what can I do with this undefined nasal tip? Chin is getting saggy. Implant before thanksgiving?  Do I need a chin aug or tip-plasty to balance this look or both? Help! Thank you and God bless Ya'll! :) :)

+1

You look great, less is more.  Diminishing size and improving definition and femininity (delicacy and angularity) of nasal tip would be a nice change, relatively straightforward, and would further enhance your beautiful eyes and lips.  To fully evaluate indications for chin augmentation, I would want a frontal view, not included.  First impression though, it may masculinize your soft features, and in my opinion is not a priority.  You will age very well, partly because of your skin type.

Rhinoplasty and chin

+1

I advise against the chin implant. Chin implants make very little improvement and many patients are unhappy with them. They complain that the implants feels weird and fatten request removal later on. Your nose doesn't look bad to me but a little tip refinement can certainly e accomplished in your situation.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Chin Augmentation and Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

Because the photos are limiting I will make some general comments for you. Firstly, you appear to have very nice features and the only real way for me to know if you need a chin implant to reach your goals is to see you in person. The photos are tough to draw major conclusions on. With respect to tip refinement we need a front view but of course there are techniques that can be done to refine the nasal tip. Nothing is a need, only a desire. So this is all based on what your goals are. Very often I will place a chin implant when performing nasal surgery but also changing the nose will change the appearance of the chin and some people do not then need a chin implant. My advice, find a surgeon you trust that is well respected and does great work. They will be the ones to give you a clear indication of what is and is not possible by looking at you in person. Good luck and let me know if I can help you any further. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Nasal Tip Refinement and Chin Augmentation

+1

I would encourage you to do both procedures because neither are big operations and combined will make a significant difference. Although you describe your features as big you need subtle changes done by an experienced surgeon so you achieve a natural result.

Chin implant?

+1

Definitely a chin procedure.  Either a chin implant or advancement genioplasty.  This will give you a balanced profile.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos are out of focus, not true side views and shot at odd angles minimizing their contribution to analysis except the sideburn view which was shot level and is a true side view. The radix at the root of the bridge is very low (the opposite of a hump on the bridge) so you could augment the bridge, more so on the upper bone part of the bridge. Without a level front view it is impossible to tell whether the nostril base needs narrowing or to fully assess the tip. Some combination of tip cartilage grafts and shaping sutures though should be able to give you whatever type of tip you are looking for.

You have a nice round chin on your user profile photo that does not look retruded so I am not sure a chin implant is warranted.

You asked for brutal honesty but there just is not that much to be brutal about.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Nasal tip augmentation/chin augmentation

+1

Tip refinement and chin augmentation are common requests in my practice, particularly from women around your age!   An in-person consultation is recommended to evaluate the inside and outside of your nose and show you an idea of your results with 3D computer morphing.  My preference is always to get a natural looking nose that fits the rest of your face.  I find that the nasal implants look quite unnatural.  I've also seen many unhappy patients who want revision surgery after having implants placed from another surgeon or in Asia.  I prefer to use cartilage from your own body to build the bridge along with narrowing the tip at the same time. Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Chin augmentation and rhinoplasty

+1

Your appearance would be enhanced with a revision to your nasal tip to thin it and a chin implant.  A closed rhinoplasty would be sufficient and and intra-oral chin implant would help.  Seek out a Board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

+1

Your tip can be made smaller and your nose can be refined through a closed rhinoplasty approach.  This is a common request and is done every day. I think that a chin implant would probably help you as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA