I'm 36 and have a mini brow lift scheduled. Am I making a good decision?

Hi, I have been getting botox for years to get some lift in my brows primarily at the tail end. I like the way it opens up my eyes and gives me a slight almond shape. I decided to opt for a mini brow lift since botox doesn't last and is very subtle.Do I look like a good candidate? Is 36 to young? My doctor says the scars are minimal and that I'm a great candidate but I want other opinions and truthfully how invasive this procedure is. Excuse the terrible picture:)

Short Scar Brow Lift - Helpful for the right candidate

+1
It would appear from your photos that you will be improved in the right hands by a short scar brow lift. Your plastic surgeon should be able to give you realistic expectations and give you an idea by gently lifting the skin with his fingers to show you the approximate improvement.

Mini brow lift

+1
You are a good candidate for a mini brow lift or a 2 incision hairline subcutaneous brow lift, a procedure I have found very effective for my patients.

John M. Griffin, MD

Brow lift candidate

+1
The browlift procedure can address low eyebrows by lifting them. The incision can be placed at the hairline or behind the hairline depending upon the height of the forehead. Also important to have a discussion regarding softening the corrugator muscles and frontalis muscles, if necessary.
For many examples, please see the link below to our brow lift photo gallery

I have a mini brow lift scheduled. Am I making a good decision?

+1
A brow lift can give you wonderful results in improving eyebrow and lid position. Your eyes will look more open and less tired. Only you can decide if it is a good decision for you!

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift for patients with a high hairline and low brows.

+1
Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift for patients with a high hairline and low brows will keep your hairline where it is and hair will grow thru the hairline if properly done. The hairline can be lowered as well for those that wish it.

+1
It sounds like you have made a very good decision. Get the brow lift. I think you will love the look it will give you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Is a Brow Lift Good for Me?

+1
In these pictures your brows seem low which would make you a good candidate for a brow lift. There are several ways to achieve this; you should know exactly how this will be accomplish because you already have a high hairline. Every technique except the Irregular Hairline Incision will raise the hairline further. Unfortunately, I am referred patients who are unhappy with their long forehead after the brow lift.

Browlift or something else?

+1
Excellent question. The photographs are not standardized so a definitive recommendation is difficult.

Nevertheless there are some points to consider.  First, I would compare your eyebrow position as it is now (without the influence of Botox) to their position 10 or 15 years ago.  More than likely the heights are the same.

So what's different.  If you look closely and notice that your temples and the areas around your eyes are more concave and hollow, respectively, then I would recommend volumizing the area with fat transfer and/or fillers.  Browlifts are necessary when there is abundant excess skin (called hooding) near the outside corner of the eye.  You do not seem to have abundant excess skin.  So in my opinion, continued Botox and considering volume augmentation is worth looking into.  

Timothy R. Miller, MD