Should I Have a Full Rhinoplasty or Tip Plasty and Alar Plasty? (photo)

As you can see, my nasal tip is quite bulbous. I don't see anything wrong with my nasal bridge, I don't see the need to augment it or is it just me? Now, my question is, should I get a full Rhinoplasty (Nasal Augmentation) or will Tip Plasty and Alar Reduction work for me? I just want to have more narrow and more refined nasal tip and alar.Thanks in advance.

Full Rhinoplasty vs Tip-Plasty

+1

You will have significant improvement if you narrow and define your bulbous tip with slight increase in the projection. The nasal base should also be narrowed. Although not necessary, consider the elimination of the very small hump on your bridge.

Should I Have a Full Rhinoplasty or Tip Plasty and Alar Plasty?

+1

Aestheically speaking, the nasal bridge looks fine so a full Rhinoplasty doesn't seem warranted IMHO.  Tip-plasty and narrowing of the nostrils would seem appropriate.  Hope this helps.

+1

Thanks for the questions and posted photos. Over the internet is not a replacement for an in person evaluation. Best to seek 3 in person opinions. My guess is a tiplasty with alar wedge resection. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your bridge looks fine and it is unclear that alar narrowing is warranted. You could rotate the tip up slightly or make the dome less round. Other than that I do not see much to do in the photo.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD