How long should I wait after my breast reduction to do my Tummy Tuck w/ Muscle Repair?

I am 51 and I just had a breast reduction surgery (14 Oct). I'm planning to get a Tummy Tuck w/ Muscle repair. My doc says I can do the TT/MR as soon as the breasts are all healed, approx 3 months after. My breasts are doing great, only have two very small openings at the t-sections. All the rest of the incisions are closed and nice and flat. My question: Is 3 months enough time between surgeries?

Tummy Tuck likely okay 3 months after well healed breast reduction

+2

Thank you for your question. As long as your breasts have healed well and you feel totally recovered from your surgery 3 months is likely an acceptable time to have a Tummy Tuck.

Ready for TT

+2

Hi HappySuzy. 3 months is plenty of time, especially since you seem to be doing so well at this time.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Time Between Surgeries #plasticsurgeryscottsdale

+2

This is a personal issue for the surgeon. I would say you could have it done a few weeks after the breast surgery if things are healing well. You did elude to some wound problems and maybe that is why your surgeon wants to wait.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Timing Between Surgeries?

+2

Most plastic surgeons would feel that 3 months is an adequate conservative time to wait before undergoing the tummy tuck. Some would feel comfortable waiting a shorter period of time beteen the surgical procedures. Safety should always be the main concern.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Yes 3 months

+2

3 months is a nice conservative time to wait. Your doctor wants the best for you and this should decrease your complication rate. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. In most cases we have carried out the two operations in one sitting. Some researchers feels there is increased risk of complications, but fortunately this has not been our experience. However, if you already have had your breast reduction, the 3 months that they have told you is really arbitrary. You should have your TT when your breasts are completely healed, especially the open T-junctions which will close quite rapidly with proper care. Best of luck.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Second operation

+1

At this point I would wait for three months to elapse but this opinion could differ by surgeon and upon your medical conditions.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Timing of tummy tuck

+1

Yes your PS is correct. In general approx 3 month is usually adequate, though the breast reduction wounds will need to be well healed and closed.

good luck

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon