Liposuction Breast Reduction with Benelli Breast Lift? (photo)

I am 42 years old and currently a size 36E and would like to be a 36C- Two plastic surgeons I visited said that I would need traditional breast reduction with anchor incisions- One surgeon said that my breasts are dense, mainly breast tissue with little fat- A third plastic surgeon said that he could achieve the same look with liposuction and a Benelli lift- Is it feasible to drop that many sizes with liposuction alone? If my breasts are truly dense, then will liposuction even work?

Alternate technique to the Benelli

+1

Liposuction breast reduction with Benelli lift would not work.  Even if your breast tissue was fat and it could be removed, your skin would hang so badly that the Benelli lift would be ineffective.  A better technique for you is called The Ultimate Breast Reduction.  This technique avoids the vertical scar such as the Wise pattern and can be done with circumareola and inframammary incisions, which can be hidden.  Also, more tissue could be removed from the left side to produce symmetry.  The advantages of this technique is that it reshapes your breast, elevates it higher on the chest wall and increases your cleavage.  You are a perfect candidate for this procedure.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Breast Reduction with Benelli Breast Lift?

+1

Based upon the information and one posted photo, I can not imagine only lipo with donut lift to give you any kind of acceptable result. I wonder was the third PS a real boarded PS?? Sorry but you will need a FULL REDUCTION LIFTING operation. 

Breast Reduction and Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I do not think you will do well with anything other than a true breast reduction;  I would not suggest that you have the “Benelli lift and liposuction" procedure performed.  Be careful with your selection of plastic surgeon  and communicate your goals clearly. Also, be careful about basing your communication on achieving a specific cup size; a  “C cup” can be a source of miscommunication, given that cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another. I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with the communication process. It would also be helpful for you to achieve a long-term stable weight, if you are not there already, prior to undergoing the breast reduction procedure.

Best wishes with  your decision-making and upcoming procedure. Hopefully you will be very pleased.

For large breasts, a breast reduction is best, preferably using the vertical technique for optimal breast shape

+1

There is an old saying that if you visit 10 different plastic surgeons, you will get 15 different recommendations.  The first two plastic surgeons are offering traditional inverted-T breast reductions.  They work.  Don't go for the liposuction and Benelli lift option.  The Benelli procedure is a failed technique.  Your instincts are correct.  Liposuction of your breasts would be a poor choice.  The option that will give you both a correction of your excess size, optimal shape and less scarring is the vertical breast reduction procedure.  This technique is getting more popular in North America.  There is no horizontal scar.  The breasts do not look as bottomed out and boxy as they do after inverted-T (anchor scar) reductions. 

Your best bet is to review before and after photos of women similar to yourself treated with different techniques and decide for yourself what you like.  I've attached a link to this section of my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon