I want to correct the sagging & space between my breasts, should I have Breast Lift, Implants, or both? (photos)

I am having a tummy tuck next month and started to think about my breasts now. I am 5'0, 101#, and a 32c (sized at Victoria's Secret). I am content with their appearance in a bra but am unhappy with the sagging and spacing! Would I need an implant with a lift to fill them out? Is saline or silicone recommended for someone with my breasts? Would I lose cup size(s) from the lift alone? I have had a consult with my surgeon but am looking for more opinions and would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Breast Implants Vs Breast Lift to Correct Sagging

+2
Thank you for your question and pictures. This is a great subject to approach with your plastic surgeon. A breast lift addresses nipple placement and sagging, implants address volume. If you do not wish to increase volume, you may find a lift meets your desires. Many women have the space between their breasts that you mention. It is important to understand that if you have this now, you will have this after breast surgery. If you chose to have implants placed, there may be a softer contour to the insides of the breast. I hope this was helpful.

Lift?

+2
Hello and thank you for your question. I think it is a good idea to do your breasts at the same time as the tt. Your breasts will look a little smaller with a lift alone. You therefore need to make the decision on whether or not you use implants. I personally think silicone are preferable, especially in someone with small breasts like you.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift for sagging and space between breasts

+1
Thank you for your question and the your photograph.  It appears that you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation with breast lift.  I doubt you would be happy with a lift alone because you would have very little beast tissue left.  My recommendation would be silicone implants with a breast lift.  Direct your questions to you plastic surgeon.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I want to correct the sagging & space between my breasts, should I have Breast Lift, Implants, or both?

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your  photographs and description of goals,  it is very likely that you will benefit from breast augmentation/lifting surgery. I would suggest that you communicate the same question with your plastic surgeon,  learn about the pros/cons associated with breast surgery as well as a potential risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. It will be important for you to communicate your goals carefully as well. The use of goal pictures and/or computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication process. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast implants not needed

+1
Thank you for your question and photographs.

Since you're happy with your current breast volume, the Ultimate Breast Lift technique is ideal for you. The UBL technique will correct the space between your breasts, give you a upper pole fullness without an implant and there will be no vertical scar.
Please feel free to look at my gallery and see what can be accomplished with the UBL technique. The UBL works best on deflated/saggy breasts.
I hope this information helps.
Kind regards,
Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation and Lift Recommended

+1
Thank you for your pictures. I think you can benefit from a saline breast augmentation and lift with your tummy tuck. A lift alone will decrease your volume. 

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, M.D., DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast lift to improve wide spaced sagging breasts

+1
I agree that you should consult a plastic surgeon who is doing your tummy tuck for an in person examination and consultation.

That said a breast lift will improve your nipple areola position and breast shape but because the breasts have lost volume a breast implant is usually required to improve the fullness and firmness of the breast.  Generally speaking when performing a breast lift with and augmentation a sub-muscular placement of implant is preferred to reduce the chance of capsular contraction and provide coverage of the implant to lessen the risk of interference of blood supply to your nipple.  Please consult your plastic surgeon for your decision between saline and silicone gel breast implants.  Both can produce a nice result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
Best option is ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from boarded Plastic Surgeons in your city/state... Good Luck... 

Breast lift with implants?

+1
The general rule of thumb is that if the nipples sit below the inframammary fold (the crease under the breast), then a breast lift is recommended. However, there are several other anatomic factors of the breast as well as the patient's desires and expectations that further determine whether a lift is performed or not with or without an implant. Don’t fall victim to the idea or suggestion that by simply using a large implant you will avoid the need for a lift – this only produces either large saggy boobs and/or yields a minimum lift of only a centimeter (almost negligible) that then sags over time because of the weight of the implant and lack of breast tissue support.  Keep in mind however that implants frequently are used to not just add overall volume but to also restore fullness to the upper pole of the breast, which is frequently deflated after pregnancy. Additionally there are several different ways to do a breast lift, depending upon how much of a lift is needed as well as the amount of skin excess, each technique produces different scars and abilities to reshape and make the areola smaller. Based upon your photos, most surgeon would recommend a combination lift with implant (silicone preferred because of your thin skin and breast tissue). Once you are ready, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that can then perform an in person physical exam and help you best decide on a individually tailored beast enhancement plan. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Operation can be designed to address your needs

+1
You have grade 4 sagging of breasts.  Breast lift alone will give you a youthful result and improve your cleavage and breast shape.  It will reduce size of breasts in a very subtle way because of their reduced skin envelope.
You can opt to have implants at same time to increase breast size.  Type of implant and their placement is always contovesial.  My choice for your body type will be silicone implant placed in front of muscle.    

Vasdev Rai, MD