What Are the Best Options for Me Without Look Totally Fake or Even More Sagging? (photo)

I'm 23, 5'5" and weigh 120lbs. I breast fed my daughter for about a month before needing emergency surgery. When I was breast feeding I was a size 34d. Now I'm about a 32-34c but have no fullness up top. I want to get implants, but so confused on what would be the best option for me and my current shape. I do workout often if that matters as well. I just see some BA that are so wrong for a person or seem to be hard as rocks way up high, or like you shoved soft balls in there. Lol thanks!

Natural & Beautiful Breast Augmentation

+2

You already have a very pretty shape to your breasts and your nipple is above your breast crease or infra-mammary fold, so you don't need a breast lift.  You would look fantastic with implants alone, which would restore the volume lost in your breasts secondary to breast feeding.  With the proper implant selection, your result would be very natural because of your skin envelope.  It's difficult to recommend, without seeing you in person and taking measurements, what size implant would be best.  In most cases, I use Sientra silicone gel implants placed under the muscle for the most natural result.  Good luck!

"Natural" Breast Augmentation

+2

It is very common after having children that you loose fullness up top.  An implant will be able to give this back to you and I think that you can have a very natural looking augmentation.  You really don't have sagging (this is when your nipple is very low on your breast) so you really only need a breast augmentation - not a lift.  Size and type of breast implants are a very personal decision.  I use a 3D imaging system to decide what looks best on my patients and then you can get an idea of what you would look like after your augmentation.  In the 3D pictures, you can try on different size and style implants to see what would be best for you specifically!  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

What Are the Best Options for Me Without Look Totally Fake or Even More Sagging? (photo) Asked by Briannarae in San Antonio, Tex

+2

You have very natural looking breasts and are athletic. Therefore I would recommendations   would be based on  avoiding  the stigmata of an augmented breast

My choice would be 

1 circumareolar incision  

2 Subfascial placement

3 Smooth round  moderate profile implant 200 to 250 ccs

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breasts after pregnancy

+1

Hi!  Your story is very common. 

I think a couple things make implants look very fake: 1) if the implant is not wide enough for the base diameter of the breast, they are too far apart and look fake. 2) I think implants on top of the muscle (over time) look less natural--the muscle fills in the upper pole so they do not look like softballs.

There are other considerations, such as profile, and even sometimes a shaped implant...these are best covered in a consult.

PS and the Vectra helps a lot as it is a pretty effective simulator--you can see what yuo might look like.

Michael Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Options for your breast

+1

You would likely benefit from a breast augmentation.   I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Augmentation alone...

+1

should produce the results you desire... mention your concerns to your surgeon and choose one with a good revision policy in case you do develop issues that you are concerned about.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

in my over the internet opinion without examination in person I would recommend "composite implantation". A combination of UHP implants 400 cc range + fat grafting to the upper poles. 

Perky in Portland but Natural Appearing Breast Augmentation

+1

In Portland, Oregon, we have many active female patients.  They bike, hike, work out, run after kids and sometimes they are even tri-athletes.  They want the upper pole fullness back from their previous younger breasts (and maybe even just a little bit bigger.)  I think that can be achieved without making them appear too artificial or high.  Much of it has to do with selecting the size of the implant and possibly even the shape prior to surgery.  Visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal consultation is your best first step.

Good luck!

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

Implants provide fullness in upper pole

+1

Thanks for your ? and pic. Based on your pictures and your desires, I think you would be a great candidate for breast augmentation. I agree with the others in that you don't need a lift. The scar can be confined to the crease which is my preference. Your surgeon should be able to help choose sizes based on the diameter of your breast. My guess is that it would be about 275-300CC in the "medium" profile of the smooth round silicone gel implant. These implants are incredibly soft and won't look like softballs. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Options for recovering breast upper pole fullness

+1

Thanks for your question-- based on your pictures, you do not have significant ptosis (droop). It is not clear how long ago you stopped breast feeding, before you undergo surgery you do want to make sure that your breasts have stopped changing, and allow for enough time to pass to make sure that has happened: 4 to 6 months typically. It appears from your images that a modest breast augmentation would accomplish your goals-- good luck!

Matt Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon