Can Botox in the Upper Part of the Face (11's) Cause Hair Loss?

About ten years ago I had botox done and within a couple of weeks I was losing hair at my hairline. I'd like to have this procedure done again but this possible connection makes me nervous.

Can Botox in the upper part of the face (11's) cause hair loss?

+1

Botox has not been known to cause hair loss, and the issue you experienced is likely coincidental and due to something else. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1

Hair loss can occur with any stress to the body although not directly realted to the Botox or the injections themselves.  It's best to see a dermatologist, when this happens, for the proper workup and treatment.

Botox and hair loss

+1

I am not aware of any risk of hair loss with botox and have not seen nor heard this described.  From a biologic point of view, it is hard to imagine how there would be a lcausal ink between the two.

Daniel Berg, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Not a known side effect

+1

Hair loss is not a know side effect of Botox. I think it was a coincidence. You should be safe getting injected again.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Does Not Cause Hair Loss

+1

There is not know reports of Botox causing permanent hair loss.  I would not be concerned that additional treatments would cause additional hair loss.   

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox does not cause hair loss

+1

Botox has never been reported to cause hair loss, and there is no plausible basis for it causing hair loss. I think it is likely mere coincidence. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon