Am I a Good Candidate for Chin Laser Lip? (Photo)

In recent months, I've noticed a double chin appear. For some reason, I am especially conscious of it when I first wake up in the morning. I've never been a thin woman (170, 5'6") but eat healthy, and get exercise (walking, yoga) weekly. I have never had a double chin, but now I notice one side seems to have slightly more fat than the other I'm 42 years old and considering lipo for this. Am I a good candidate? And how does one measure skin elasticity?

Am I a good candidate for chin liposuction?

+1

At 42 years old, it is not unusual to begin showing signs of loss of skin elasticity.  Just as we notice loss of skin elasticity in other areas of the body with aging (abdomen, arms, thighs, etc.), the chin is no exception.  I have achieved remarkable results with laser-assisted liposuction of the chin with patients who are good candidates.  Consult an experienced surgeon that you trust, compress as directed (I usually advise sleeping with chin compression for several weeks for best results), and say goodbye to your "double chin"!

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for Chin Laser Lipo?

+1

Liposuction will make an improvement.  A physical exam will be necessary to determine if you would get a greater benefit from a neck lift to tighten the muscle, remove subplatysmal and supraplatysmal fat, and remove a little skin as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Yes But I would recommend a combination of SmartLipo + ThermiRF to the area for better skin tightening. 

Candidate for Chin Lipo

+1

Based on your photos, you do appear to be a potential candidate for chin liposuction.  Neck and chin lipo procedures can significantly improve facial contour.  With age, the skin loses elasticity.  This should be evaluated in person by the provider of your choice.  It may be helpful for you to see someone who performs the Precision Tx treatment because it allows for direct application of laser energy to the skin, therefore providing better skin tightening.

Gregory Nikolaidis, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin liposuctions do great and are done under local.

+1

Liposuction of the chin/jawline does great and is easy to undergo under local and back to work in 1 day with the patients driving themselves home for roughly $2500 on special with no ugly scars at all.  sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon