My Dr Says I Have a Big Butt Already I Just Need Lipo Not a Bbl is This True? (photo)

I want a bigger butt and hips my dr said based off of pictures I sent him all I need is liposuction of my back flanks and stomach would any of you drs agree??

How big is too big?

+2

If you want a bigger butt than you currently have, then you want a bigger butt. This is a personal decision and one of taste.  If the surgeon that you have consulted with has a different view on things than you, I recommend continuing to look around until you find one that shares your vision of beauty.

Bigger butt

+1

If you want a bigger butt, then you should get a Brazilian Butt lift.  Everyone has different ideas of what is desirable, you should go for what you want, not what someone else wants.

Dennis Dass, MD

BBL - How big do you want?

+1

The real issue here is how big do you want to go. You need to be clear with your doctor about the look you are going for. While you certainly have a full buttock, perhaps you want even bigger. In that case liposuction with fat transfer (BBL) would work well for you.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Second opinion.

+1

All tough contouring your waist will make the illusion of a bigger buttocks and hip area, you could still have fat transfer to achieve more projection in your curves. Its all going to depend on how much your skin will stretch to allow the fat injections. Try looking for a second opinion with another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in sculpting curvier bodies for you to get the results your looking for.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL

+1

A lot of detail can be camouflaged by clothing. Your decision is a personal one and you should seek another opinion

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

How to Decide when Buttocks Enhancement is the Right Decision

+1

The decision as to what looks good is a personal one, and the doctor and patient may not agree. Nevertheless, the patient's desire is what is driving the conversation, and it is up to the doctor to try to understand what will make you happy.  If that is a buttock that is bigger than what that particular doctor feels comfortable with, then you should get several opinions before deciding whether or not to proceed. You can look at many pictures of buttock augmentation on this web site, and you will see a great range from moderate augmentation to augmentations that I personally would not call attractive.  Nevertheless, those patients were happy. 

One of the advantages of fat grafting augmentation of the buttocks, or BBL, is that it shapes the hips, waist and thighs, and brings out the roundness of the buttock set off by a more shapely torso.  It may be that when you discuss this with a plastic surgeon and it is demonstrated that by shaping the waist and hips and upper posterior thighs, your buttock will look larger as these areas look smaller, you may decide you do not really want a larger buttock volume per se, but a buttock that stands out more. 

It is also clear that personal preferences for buttock size have some cultural influences, e.g., in Brazil, women may see an attractive buttock as being larger than a woman in Europe or North America, generally speaking, might want. So, getting some professional feedback by visiting several plastic surgeons is a good way to start. You can be assured that in the US you can find a plastic surgeon that will give you a buttock augmentation either with fat or implants that will meet your needs.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Buttock size and shape goal

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  Buttock shape and buttock volume are two different things.  If you would like your buttock to be fuller/bigger than you will need to add volume and this will require buttock fat grafting.  If you would like your buttock to stand out more with relation to your lower back and thighs than liposuction of the lower back and thighs as well as the abdomen as needed can be performed.  A thorough discussion and examination would be needed to arrive at the best plan.  It certainly does seem that the amount of projection of your buttock is sufficient, however, this can be masked by your current body postition as well as wearing high heels so it may certainly be that additional volume would be beneficial.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Should I Get A Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

The correct size of your buttocks is really up to you.  The plastic surgeon you consulted suggested that, if you reduced the amount of fat from your muffin tops, thighs, etc., it would automatically make your buttocks look bigger.  On the other hand, if you want the absolute size of your buttocks to be larger, then it would not be inappropriate to place the fat that has been removed, or some portion of it, into your butt. 

I recommend you have a face to face consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon so he or she can not only evaluate what your buttocks look like, but also have a chance to evaluate your personality, your overall height and weight, and to truly understand what your ultimate goals are.  This in-person consultation will help you crystallize your goals and help you determine whether a BBL or lipo with a BBL is the appropriate answer for you. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

A Matter of Preference

+1

Dear Jamaican Booty,

I hope that the photos you sent to your doctor are more revealing than the one posted here.  We cannot fully evaluate you current buttock size from this photo.  However, buttock size is a matter of personal preference.  Liposuction around your waistline will indeed accentuate your current buttock contours and add the illusion of a larger buttocks.  An in person consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified Plastic Surgeon will help you make your decision.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Brazilian buttlift or lipo around the buttocks

+1

If you want larger buttocks, you should get fat grafting and the brazilian buttlift.  If you are happy with the size of your buttocks, just lipo everything around the buttocks.   This is really a personal decision.