Can I Do a Salicylic Acid Peel at Home?

I have had Vitalize, Jessner, Vi and even TCA peels done at a skin care clinic and handled them quite well. Although the TCA was tough, painful and very scary looking for at least one week. But the results were great. I have been thinking about purchasing one to do at home but am a little bit scared. Which of these peels contains salicylic acid and which percentage of a salicylic acid peel would be ok to try at home by myself?

Salicylic Chemical peels

+1

Salicylic acid peels are peels to be done in an office under the supervision of a professional.   You are obviously trying to improve your appearance with these peels so why would you consider taking a risk of potentially permanently damaging or scarring your skin. 

Annapolis Dermatologist

Chemical peels at home

+1

I understand you had several peels and you know what it is like to receive one, but treating yourself is risky and can be dangerous. You are putting yourself at risk for burns, scarring, hyperpigmentation just to name a few. It's not worth the risk. I recommend you continue to see your skin-care specialist for the chemical peels who can then recommend products that you can use at home to maintain your results.

Joseph Serota, MD
Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Peels

+1

Whatever your training is YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO TREAT YOURSELF. Any peel can burn to the bone if not  knowledgable with the treatment.

See a professional