Cost to Deflate Saline Implant?

I had salline implants in 1991, almost 20 years ago. Two years ago the left one ruptured. Up until the unexpected rupture I never had problems with my implants. I called my surgeon only to discover that he had closed his practice and had not referred his patients to another doctor. My financial circumstances are not the same as they were when I got the implants, and I can't afford to replace them. In fact, I am not even able to afford the cost of the surgery to remove them unless by some miracle my insurance would cover it. What would it cost to deflate the right breast implant?

Deflating Saline Implants - Worth it?

+1

Although the cost of puncturing an implant to deflate it would be minimal the best and safest medical advise is to Remove ruptured saline breast implants
Although it is possible to leave ruptured saline implants in your body it is not recommended by most plastic surgeons. Once there is a leak in the implant, then serum can also enter it which is a potential site for infection. In general leaving a foreign body without providing a purpose doesn't make a lot of sense. Removing implants is straight forward and can even be done in the office under local anesthesia to minimize costs if this is what is preventing you from considering this recommendation

Deflation not recommended.

+1

It would not be advisable to deflate and leave the implants.  The cost to remove the implant would be nominal about $1000-$1500 + MD Anesthesia fees. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Deflating a saline breast implant

+1

In general it is probably not a wise idea to deflate the implants and leave them in place. Contact physicians and inquire into costs for removal under local and you may be surprised. Otherwise consider contacting a residency training program at a local university.

Deflation of implant

+1

I am sorry that you are having problems but deflating the other implant and leaving the implant itself in place probably is not a good idea. Perhaps you can go to a local resident clinic in which you may be able to get help at a lower cost.

How to deflate a breast implant

+1

I am sorry for you financial plight.  The most you should be charged is an office  visit about "$25 to 50.   You do not need to remove your implants until you can afford it and you could leave them in forever.  They will do no harm.  Your future doctor is going to take a syringe with a sterile needle and introduce it into your breast tissue and pop your implant.  It will not hurt and will take about 5 seconds to perform.  You will deflate over the next few hours.  Good luck.

Gary H. Manchester, MD (retired)

Cost to deflate saline implant

+1

Forget about cost to deflate you must remove both! The fee in Miami is $1,000. Seek in person evaluations from boarded plastic surgeons in your area. From MIAMI Dr. B

The cost of deflation is minimal

+1

Most surgeons will charge only office visit to deflate the saline implants or no charge at all. Please contact your local board certified plastic surgeon to deflate your implants.the procedure is simple and quick .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon