Saline or Silicone Be Best to Fix Uneven, Slightly Tuberous Breasts. Would I Be a Good Candidate for the Donut Lift? (photo)

I 32 years old, and am about 5'3, 110 pounds.

Donut lift is ineffective

+1

The donut lift changes the position of the areola but does not lift breast tissue.  Silicone gel implants are better than saline implants since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants look and feel more natural, are more stable long term and less likely to have complications that need revision.  This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional lollipop lift. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift For Uneven Mildly Tuberous Breasts

+1

Dear Jean 81, Thank you for your question and photographs.  You appear to have a left breast that is larger and a little lower than your right.  A lift might be able to make a better match of size and shape.  I recommend doing a similar procedure to your right side to help them look alike as much as possible.   A decision for a implant is totally up to you.  You should pick a comfortable size that suits your frame.  I generally recommend silicone implants as they look and feel more natural, but you could do well with a saline implant if that is your preference. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Breast augmentation alone will probably yield a good result with ease constricted breasts.

+1

The asymmetry that I see is relatively modest. I think that breast augmentation, silicone gel implants in a sub glandular position, will yield a very good result in dilute the modest asymmetry that presently exists.

Saline or Silicone Be Best to Fix Uneven, Slightly Tuberous Breasts. Would I Be a Good Candidate for the Donut Lift?

+1

Posted photos are not the same in appearance of the breasts. Thus best to obtain IN  PERSON examinations. I think you need only implants and lowering of the right infra mammary crease. 

Tuberous breasts?

+1

I do not think that your breasts are tuberous, but one is certainly lower than the other.  The type of implant is really up to you, saline or silicone is fine.

Candidate for a breast augmentation without a lift

+1

If you are willing to accept some minor nipple height asymmetry then I would not consider a breast lift.  If your final breast size is more implant than you then a gel implant will always be better.  So if you desire an implant larger than about 300cc I would recommend gel.  

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

Dear Jean,

Thank you for your question and posting pictures. You seem to be a very good candidate for breast augmentation. You do not have tuberous breasts at all and your right breast does not need to have any lifting procedure. You would need to be examined in person, however, at most a periareolar lift on the left side will give you a very good result. In either case, you are better suited for silicone implants and likely anatomical implants. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area additionally, may undergo Vectra 3-D imaging to look at different sizes and shapes of implants for your specific anatomy.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Silicone breast implants over the muscle best to correct asymmetry.

+1

Hi.

You look like quite an easy problem.  Actually what implant you use is not the most important thing.  The key is doing an internal breast lift of the lower breast.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Asemmetry, breast aug.

+1

I would be in favor of saline implants through a periareolar approach, keeping the incision on the inner-inferior portion of the areolus. Correct the asymmetry first in the sitting position. Then I think some kind of minor type mastopexy, donut or lollipop, might be needed to position the nipple-areolar complex in the same postion on both sides and possibly decrease the size of the areolus, as augmentation always increases the size of the areolus somewhat.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Consider breast implants alone when sagging is minimal. Donut lift not recommended.

+1

Your breasts are asymmetrical.  I would not call them tuberous.  I would recommend implants alone, larger on the right side of course.  Your nipples will still be a little asymmetrical and "outpointing."  I am not a believer in donut lifts.  I don't even think they provide any useful lift and they leave very noticeable scars, wide and often misshapen areolae (the "tomato" breast).  In my view the extra scarring is not worth any  marginal (at best) benefit this procedure would provide.  Stay natural-looking and go with implants alone.  You can always have a lift later on if you develop more sagging (a vertical lift).  If you are still seriously considering a donut lift be sure to look at before and after photos and make sure you are pleased with what you see.  Remember, a little asymmetry is OK.  Few women have completely symmetrical breasts.  Check out my website if you like and look at some of the examples of asymmetrical breasts.  A link is attached.  Either saline or silicone gel, doesn't matter in terms of shape.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon