Is There Another Way Besides Using Saline or Silicone for the Augmentation? Maybe Using Body Fat?

Alternatives for Breast Enhancement

+1
Fat transfer to the breasts is a developing procedure, but still not the optimal approach. It will not provide as consistent or as significant results as breast implants.

Using body fat for sugmentation

+1

Your own body fat can be used but the conditions have to be "right". For instance - your body has to have enough fat to use in this manner. Seek out a qualified surgeon who has used this procedure with good results. Not all surgeons are experienced with this procedure.

William D. Merkel, MD
Grand Junction Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enlargement without implants

+1

The use of fat transfers has been pioneered by certain plastic surgeons with some intresting results. However, in my opinion there many unknown factors at this time for me to fully endorse this technique. At the present time there are very few, if any, long term studies to determine the eventual results.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Breast enlargement, breast augmentation, breast implants, fat transfer to breasts

+1

Fat transfer to the breast is not considered standard of care here in the United States. The concern is the safety, long-term results and its relation to detecting breast cancer.

Donna Rich, MD

Fat Transfer for Breast Augmentation

+1

Transferring one's own  body fat to alternative sites is becoming increasingly popular.  It is used in breast reconstruction after mastectomy to give more tissue cover to the chest area over implants.  As of the present time, fat injection into the breast has not been conclusively shown to be safe.  The biggest issue is that it may interfere with screening for breast cancer.  That may change as more research is done.  Augmentation with fat produces a small breast, smaller than most chose for their augmentation.  Thin women may not have enough available fat for a transfer. The idea is promising but not fully arrived as of yet. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Fat grafting is an option

+1

You have limited amount of fatty tissue based on the the picture that you have attached. I been doing fat grafting for the last 5 years and been doing it through a IRB study. I been following my patients and the results been good. I had some patients that were not satisfied with amount of enlargement and decided to get implants. If your expectations are to have one cup enlargement ,you are a good candidate( if you have enough fat). You need to find a plastic surgeon with experience in fat grafting. I been using fat more for the implant failure patients.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation With Your Own Fat

+1

We women are incredibly aware of our breast appearance -- maybe even more than men are. Breasts are sexual and sensual, a big part of what makes us women, and they can dictate our sense of attractiveness and desirability (for better or worse). There are various factors regarding how you want your breasts to look and feel, but if you and your doctor have a good, open line of communication, you shouldn’t need to go back and forth on your decision. 

Breast augmentation surgery is routinely performed in a surgeon’s office. You will be given a local anesthetic and twilight sedation during the length of the surgery, which is typically one to two hours. You will feel relaxed but not too groggy during recovery. When you wake up, you’ll probably feel as if your breasts are pushed up to your chin. Part of this is imaginary, but as to the part that is real, don’t panic, the swelling will usually go down in about two weeks. It is also possible that you will have some pain postoperatively, but this should get better within a few days. 

It is now possible for you to enlarge your breasts without resorting to implants!  Specially prepared fat taken from another part of the body, such as the stomach or hips, is placed under the breast tissue to provide increased breast size without the need for artificial implants. The technique is called autologous fat transfers and autologous simply means "your own." And who doesn't have a little fat to spare?

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Breast augmentation with own fat

+1

this procedure is getting more traction, but I do not think it is there yet. there are safety concerns, but newer techniques may make it a viable option in the future. a woman needs to have enough donor site fat to be used, and it is not a 1:1 transfer. some of the fat removed will not be able to be used in the breast area. implants still are the gold standard for now.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Fat Can Be Used To Augment Breasts, But

+1

Fat can be removed from other areas of your body and injected into the breasts for augmentation; however, there are downsides and possible risks involved.  First of all, this is a very time consuming and, consequently, expensive procedure.  It often requires several separate sessions.  Although not as controversial as it was 10 years ago, there remain some unanswered questions.  Will the fat develop calcifications which will then be confusing on mammography?  Probably not, but the jury is still out.

John Whitt, MD

Fat transfer to breasts

+1

Fat transfer to breasts is the newest way to augment breasts, however very often women who are asking for this procedure are lean and do not have sufficient amounts of excess fat that can be used for this purpose.  Fat transfer to breasts is also still somewhat controversial because of its limitations and problem.  There is only so much that can be achieved (up to a cup increase in size) and the difficulites that it creates (lumps, unpredictability) still makes it less reliable than implants.  Breast implants are still the simplest, easiest, most predictable, and most versatile method to obtain breast augmentation.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD