Can Saline Be Removed from Implant to Even out Size After Weight Loss Without Surgery?

Removal of saline

+1

Yes, I sometimes can even do that under a local anesthetic in my office operating room. This may cause some rippling of the skin overlying the implant though.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

The volume of a saline implant can be adjusted, but requires surgery

+1

It is possible to change the volume of a saline implant many years after they were placed, but it requires surgery. Yor surgeon will need to access the fill port on the implant and this cannot be done without surgeyr. Speak to a surgeon because you may find that other procedures are more appropriate, such as a breast lift or changing the implants completely.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Removal of saline from an implant

+1

A saline implant can be deflated without surgery (by puncture and withdrawing fluid with a needle and syringe), but saline cannot be removed to change the volume of the implant without accessing the port and this can only be done surgically. A board certified surgeon can advise you on your options if you have changes in your breasts after weight loss.

M. Susann Bedford, MD