Are Saline Injections Effective for Acne Scarring?

I live in Los Angeles (90042). I understand that saline injections are effective for subcutaneous acne scarring. Apparently the saline destroys the bands which allows for the patient to produce his own collagen to supplant the formerly scarred area.

Saline subcision for acne scarring

+1

I believe you are referring to saline subcision. This technique is appropriate for certain forms of depressed acne scarring. I typically advise a series of 3 treatment sessions at 3-4 week intervals. Patience is also advised, as the improvement occurs gradually over several months to a year. The only side effect of treatment I have encountered is a variable degree of bruising (which can last up to 7-10 days) which can be camouflaged with make-up.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist