Saline Imlant Ruptured, is It Normal to Have Pain?

My implants are 14 years old. Two days ago one just deflated no trauma or injury . I was just taking a shower. I have pain and aching now? Since my surgery 14 years ago I have never had any problems ever no harding scar tissue...that I know of. I plan on seeing a doctor to get them replaced. Just don't know since I have never experienced any pain until it deflated if thats normal or something I need to be worried about??

Saline Implant Rupture Usually Silent

+1

Spontaneous rupture of saline implants is not usually associated with pain. Occasionally patients are aware of different feeling in their muscle if submuscular but only for a short time. Best to have your plastic surgeon examine you.

Deflation?

+1

In my experience, patients who experience a deflation with saline implants usually do not experience pain but may "something" as the saline gets absorbed.

If you are experiencing some sort of pain, probably better to see a board certified plastic surgeon sooner so that he/she can examine you and discuss your options with you.

Best Wishes!

Pain Not Usually Present With Ruptured Saline Implant

+1

It is unusual to experience any pain or discomfort with a ruptured or deflated saline breast implant, especially if there was no trauma involved (and there rarely is associated trauma).  It is a relatively simple procedure to replace the implant if done without too much delay. The manufacturer will probably replace the implant at no charge if it was made by one of the 2 major suppliers. You probably will be responsible for any associated costs, however.

John Whitt, MD

Pain after rupture of a saline implant

+1

Discomfort after a spontaneous saline implant rupture may be due to the pocket beginning to contract, or to the deflated implant pressing up againt the tissue.  It is rarely worrisome but should be checked by your PS. The replacement surgery should be performed soon after rupture because the pocket can contract down and become smaller, making the replacement surgery more difficult.   Good Luck

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Implant rupture

+1

Your pain should resolve soon. More importantly, make a strong effort to get in with a plastic surgery quickly.  As your pocket collapses, it is harder to achieve symmetry at the time of exchange.  If you have the old implant information, please take it to your consultation-your surgery will want this information.  Finally, I would reccomend you change both implants and have a frank conversation about any changes in size or position you may desire.  Good luck, Dr  Rumalla

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Deflated saline implant may be the source of pain

+1

Greetings,

Some patients complain of pain wih rupture of their saline breast implants, but the symptoms are usually transient. If your symptoms persist, it would behoove you to seek consultation with a a board-certified plastic surgeon to help determine if you have capsular contracture or any other potential cause of your pain.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Discomfort from deflated saline breast implant

+1

The symptoms that you describe are not uncommon and are definitely nothing to worry about. Sometimes, the edges from the deflated implant can poke into your skin resulting in discomfort. Go see a board certified plastic surgeon soon to get your implants replaced. You will feel better and, of course, look better.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Saline implant deflation

+1

deflation is usually painless but pressure points from the deflated bag or positioning can possibly cause pressure against a sensory nerve.

it is not serious or an emergency but i would wait very long for replacement as the surgery is easiest sooner than later

Is pain associated with saline implant rupture?

+1

Rupture of saline implants is usually spontaneous without a preceding injury or trauma. It is also, usually, painless. There may be at tiems a burning sensation. You should be checked out by a Board Certified plastic surgeon.You will need to have the implant replaced. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Pain from a breast implant rupture

+1

a burning pain is commonly described when a patient who has saline implant has a rupture or leak in the implant. The saline is a very salty liquid and patients describe the sensation like salt on an open wound. as the body absorbs the saline, the pain gets better though.

Julio Garcia, MD