Can Saline Implants Look More Natural if You Only Augment Breasts by One Cup Size?

I am 21 and considering breast implants. I am 5'3", 115 pounds, and have small breasts. If I'm lucky I can find a 32 or 34A sized bra that fits. Ideally, I would like to increase my breast size to a 34 or 36B. I like the idea of saline breast implants because they are less expensive and safer if they leak. However, I want my breast implants to look natural. Since I only plan to increase breast size from an A-cup to a B-cup, it is more likely that saline implants could look more natural?

Will small saline implants be hard to detect?

+2

MoreNatural? Most breast augmentations should look natural, generally the smaller the implant the more difficult it is to tell if there is an implant. Going up only one cup size would probable mean an implant in the 250cc area.

The small saline implant we are discussing would have a natural appearance and most  likely change the Breast from an A to a B cup. 

Web reference: http://www.graciaplasticsurgeon.com

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Can saline implants result in a natural look if enlarging the breasts by just 1 size?

+2

Saline implants can result in a very natural look, especially if placed behind the muscle. But a lot of factors contribute to achieving a natural look. These include the size of the preoperative breasts, the condition of the skin, chest proportion, presence or absence of sagging,and the degree of enlargement desired. You should have a comprehensive talk with your plastic surgeon who should be Board Certified for best results.

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Can Saline Implants Look Natural

+2

I believe that you can achieve a natural looking result with either saline or silicone implants especially if you don't try to go too large for your frame.  In a thin woman with minimal breast tissue, there is a higher degree of rippling that can be felt and sometimes seen using saline implants versus silicone.  If you don't have rippling that is visible, you can achieve a natural result  visually with either implant type.  The saline may feel less natural because of the increased rippling.

Saline Implants Can Look Natural

+2

You certainly can get a "natural look" with a saline implant augmentation, although you do increase your chances by using silicone in my opinion.  A natural result would be likely if the implants are placed under the muscle.  You should also be aware that implants can change the cup size but not the chest size (32, 34, etc.).

Can saline implants look natural

+2

Yes, saline implants can look natural. placing the implants behind the pectoral muscle and not making the implants too large should be able to achieve that goal.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/breast-augmentation-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Saline Implants and "natural" look

+2

Yes, it is possible to achieve a “natural” look after breast  augmentation with saline implants. The variables involved include the amount  and shape of existing breast tissue ( to cover the breast implants),  the positioning of the breast implants in the ideal pocket behind the  pectoralis muscle/ breast tissue and the skill of the plastic surgeon involved.

Generally, I agree with your assessment that a smaller implant will more likely result in a “natural” look.

Prior to proceeding with breast augmentation surgery it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?cgid=87&Category=6&page=1

Breast implants and natural appearance

+1

In using a saline implant, it depends on the amount of your own breast tissue that you have padding the implant. If you can feel your ribs through the side of your breast, then you will be able to feel the edge of your implant when you get implants.

Using a smaller implant to go up only one cup size will make it more likely that your implant will be well covered and padded by breast tissue.

If you have little breast tissue of your own, then there isn't a a whole that can be done to conseal the implant and avoid rippling.