Can Saline Implant Valve Shift and Does Rippling Get Worse over Time?

34yo-450cc, round, smooth, saline, under muscle implants from '04. After having a baby, there's severe rippling. I am thin with little breast tissue left. Rippling is bad on top of my breasts, even when standing straight. Recently found a mass of thicker tissue below and slightly off center of my left nipple. It visually looks a little puffy in the mirror. Ultrasound reveals normal breast tissue, but slight bump on implant below lump. Told lump is from shifted valve. No longer live by PS.

The bump is likely your valve where your tissue grew around the cover...

+2

and with your rippling, you have to seriously consider switching to gel implant and possibly even textured anatomic gel implants (but they won't slide to the side when you lay down). Pick a surgeon and get your information. If they don't offer options to choose from, consider getting another opinion.

Saline Breast Implant Wrinkling

+2

Between being thin, having had breast implants for a period of time and then having a baby, you have lost most of your breast tissue and the natural rippling of saline implants has become evident. This can become really significant if the implants are above the muscle.With little breast tissue scar tissue around the valve can make it appear as a lump. Significant improvement of the rippling can only be done by changing the implants to silicone, trying to thicken the tissue interface between the skin and the implants by fat injections or allogeneic dermal grafts or both.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rippling

+2

Rippling is a problem in very thin women.  Exchanging the implants is not enough. Sometimes strattice can help or fat injections to provide volume can help.

Composite breast revision

+2

It sounds Like you have inadequate soft tissue to cover your implants. Over the past 10 years, you're probably lost soft tissue due to the pressure of the saline implants. This can be best treated with composite breast augmentation – the use of implants and fat together. You probably would benefit By having implant exchange for silicone gel and placing 300 mL of fat in each breast to cover the devices. We have performed this operation over 200 patients and recently published this in the journal plastic and reconstructive surgery. I have attached some links for you. Best regards, Dr. Delvecchio

bostonbreastcenter.com

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD