Saline Implant Looks Lower and Less Full Than the Other 2 Years Later, What Do You Suggest?

I had 350cc smooth round saline implants put under the muscle two years ago. For a while they looked perfect! Now i am noticing that one is less full than the other and symmetry is fading. It seems like one of them hasn't "dropped" at all and is still nice and high the way i wanted it, while the other one is more of a teardrop shape and has lost lots of fullness at the top. I am wondering if silicone implants would be a better fit for me. i want them full, high and full on top. I need advice pls

Asymmetry after two years

+1

From your description, it seems like one of your breast implant has capsular contracture.  It is normal progression to lose some of the fullness on the top and to become a "teardrop" shape.  All implants (silicone and saline) will become more like teardrop with time due to implant/tissue settling unless you develop scar tissue around the implant.  If one becomes very asymmetric, there may be a slow leakage.  You should visit with your plastic surgeon to be examined.

Asymmetry of breasts has many causes.

+1

Most natural breasts are asymmetric and so it is common to see a little after surgery.  Your description sounds like more than this.  It is not possible to tell what is going on without an exam.  Possible reasons include bottoming out on the lower side and capsular contracture on the higher side, or just natural unevenness, to name the most common.  Go see your surgeon for options.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Saline implant problems

+1

One side may have bottomed out, one side may have deflated or one side might have a capsular contracture.  Visit your doctor or another in person as these are easy to determine.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast implants asymmetry

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to say what is going on.  Has one bottomoned out, has one develope a tight capsule?  I do not know without ane exam.  Some asymmetry is normal.

Breasts Implant Asymmetry Suggestions?

+1

Based on your description, I do not think it is necessarily the type of breast implant that is the issue. In other words, you could experience the same breast asymmetry if you had used silicone gel breast implants instead of saline.

It sounds like one of your breast implants has “settled” more than the other. This situation can be corrected using capsulorraphy techniques (internal sutures used to “raise” the breast implant pocket maintaining the breast implant in a higher position).  You should also be evaluated by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to rule out leakage of the saline breast implant causing the change in shape etc.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with a plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience with revisionary breast surgery  for the most precise diagnosis and treatment recommendations.