Saline Implant Leaking - but Not Deflating?

The Ultrasound did confirm the saline implant is leaking "sublte" or slowly, it isnt defalted but i have been seening some loss of volume during the years (about 6 now) my natural breasts were 32 C-D i had 300cc put in to be 32 DD. It seems looking at the photos of me from before surgery there isnt really that much difference anymore. The first 2 years they looked beautiful, but after that i've been feelin like if i had no implants done, except left with the pain caused by the leakthru tissues!

Leaking implant

+2

Hi!

It sounds like you have a slow leak in your implant and yes, it will
eventually deflate. It sounds like you are not as happy with the
current look of your implants so I would advise going back to your
board certified plastic surgeon and discussing the possibility of
further treatment. Your body safely reabsorbs the saline solution so
you should not be experiencing any pain from that process.

Good luck!

Dr. Sam Speron

Slow leak

+2
You have a slow leak rather than a rapid deflation. Ultimately, the implants will completely deflate. A saline leak does not cause pain as the fluid is absorbed. You should see your plastic surgeon to determine whether to remove or replace the implants. The implants, if purchased from Mentor or McGhsn, are eligible for replacement at no cost and, depending upon their age, you may qualify for some reimbursement of surgical costs as well.

Robert L. Kraft, MD