Can You Make a Saline Implant a High Profile Saline Implant by Filling It or Must You Replace Them? (photo)

I had a breast lift and implants put in less than a year ago. I have since lost weight and look as if I never had te lift done. I want my breast to look perky and full higher. Can you take regular saline implants and make them high profile by filling or do you have to replace them!!

Saline and High Profile Implants

+1

If one has regular saline implants you cannot make them high profile implants because of base implant size configurations. The base diameter is completely different. You would need to have the implants replaced and redone.

Can You Make a Saline Implant a High Profile Saline Implant by Filling It

+1

The problem is that a larger implant is not a substitute for a lift. The saline implants have a fill range of up to about 20% above the minimal fill volume. More than than often causes scalloping, with palpalble and often visible folds around the implants. 

From the photo, it appears to me that you need a secondary lift, excising excess skin from the lower part of the breast. The nipples and areolas appear to be in good position, and should not need to be redone. 

As to size, use a larger implant if you want to be larger. But not if you are happy with the size and hopeful of avoiding a redo lift.

Thanks, all the best. 

High profile breast implants will not improve shape.

+1

Hi.

The basic problem is that you need another breast lift to improve shape.  Larger or different implants will not help.  But to answer your question, you cannot refill your current implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Repeat Breast Lift Needed Regardless Of Implant Volume Increase

+1

Whether you add volume to your existing breast implants or replace them with larger ones, the key to your breast shape improvement at this point is to redo the lift. This is an issue of too much loose breast skin that no amount of implant volume increase will resolve adequately.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Can You Make a Saline Implant a High Profile Saline Implant by Filling It or Must You Replace Them?

+1

I would recommend re lifting a full vertical lift. Best to seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Achieving higher projection with a breast implant

+1

Though it is possible to overfill a saline implant and get a bit more projection, it won't give you the effect of a high profile implant  - as the shapes are not quite the same.

Your photograph shows that the bottom halves of the breasts have stretched (called 'bottoming out') - this needs to be corrected by further tightening of the tissue if you want to achieve more projection.

If your surgeon will be happy to provide you with a tightening at no/little cost (though it is unlikely) - that will be the best option. If not, I do not see any great harm in trying a slight overfilling of the implants. Please remember that if you make them too heavy, they will cause further stretching and eventually further drooping of the breasts.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Lift for Droopy Nature of Breasts

+1

I would keep the implants as they are and revise the breast lift to give them the high and tight look you desire.  Consider also that putting more volume into the chest creates a heavier chest and more risk for back and neck problems and greater chance for recurrence of breast droop as well.

Breast lift and implants?

+1

It looks like you had bottoming out of your lift, and may have enough tissue to give a better lift.  Good luck.

Best Option to Achieve Perkier Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Although it is possible to “overfill” saline breast implants, this option will not necessarily achieve the results you are looking for. Given your history and picture,  I think you will benefit from revisionary breast lifting surgery,  with additional skin removal (tightening of the  breast skin envelope).

In other words, simple manipulation of the breast implants alone will not help you achieve a “perkier or higher look”.

I hope this ( and the attached link) help.

Breast lift with implants

+1

I agree, you would benefit from a complete revision with silicone breast implants. Your lower breast is too full and the nipples appear too high as a result of this soft tissue relaxation. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon