One Side More Swollen and Firmer After Breast Implants

I had saline breast implants done a week ago, under the muscle. The right side looks more swollen and firmer. I also noticed a little yellowish around the scar area. I seen my surgeon 5 days after my surgery, and he said everything was fine. 

+1

One Side More Swollen and Firmer After Breast Implants? AS long as you remain in close communication with your surgeon, I would follow their advice.

Early in the process

+1

It is very early in your recover process.  The implants have a tendency to settle and swelling continues to resolve with time.  The most important thing that you do is to continue your follow ups with your surgeon and to keep the lines of communication open.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast appearance

+1

Following with your surgeon is the most important thing. That person will be able to advise you with the most knowledge based upon your history and physical exam. Hard to say what is going on for you at this time.

Possible seroma after breast implants.

+1

Hi.

If one breast is larger and firmer after breast augmentation, I don't think that should be ignored.  We would get a sonogram of your breast right away to see if there is a collection of blood (hematoma) or fluid (seroma), which should be drained.  If these things are ignored, the risk of capsular contrature is much higher.

The yellowish discharge could also be worrisome.  I recommend going back to your plastic surgeon.  Maybe things have evolved.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Too early to judge your outcome

+1

Hi there-

As long as nothing has changed since you saw your surgeon, I would not be concerned.

If, on the other hand, you think it is different than at your visit, I would call the office and schedule another visit.

Most likely there is no problem, as it is not unusual for the breasts to recover and settle at different rates after surgery- but you need to be seen to be sure.

Armando Soto, MD

Early breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1

If your surgeon said things were fine and they aren't any different than they were when he/she saw you, you're probably fine.  If you look different than when you were seen, you should go back to be evaluated for a hematoma.  Subtle differences in the look and feel early after surgery are common and should be followed closely by your doctor until they resolve.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS