Breast Cup D Possible for my Height and Weight?

Hi, I am 5'8" , 170 lbs., 38B and I am getting 375 cc Saline breast implants under the muscle. My surgeon won't go any bigger than that because of possible complications and suture separation. I tried on a 400 cc and it looked really good, but I am worried about all the shrinking that may occur. My goal is a CC or small D. I can't find many pictures of women of my height and weight before and after to see. I am talking about after they drop and settle. I'm wondering if a woman my height and weight and bra size can get a CC or D cup, or will I just be up to a C?

Most breast augmentation patients wish they went larger

+1

It is true that most women wish they had gone larger after a breast augmentation, so I always advise my patients to go a little larger than what they intially think, so that afterwards they will be where they want. That said, there are numerous factors that go into what size is right for you, the shape and size of your current breasts, skin laxity, sagging, etc, so listen to your doctor. I will let the patient choose the size of implant with some strong guidance. You and your doctor are only 30 cc apart- that is only two tablespoons. He will probably overfill the saline implant anyway, so your final volume may be closer to 400.

Lastly, forget cup sizes! A 32 C is much smaller than a 38C, cup sizes are all over the place, from bra to bra and size to size.

Covington Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

+1

Implant size is a combination of personal preference and your body. Putting personal preference aside, height and weight are not an important criteria for size selection. The keys are skin quality, skin thickness, and measurment of your chest width. It is important that the implant is not too big to touch in the center, hang off the sides, or cause too much stretching of the skin -- these can all lead to serious complications. You should indicate your size preference to your surgeon, but follow your surgeon's advice when it comes to the risk of complications.

Matthew Schulman, MD