Saline Breast Implants for $4,000 or Less? (Includes All Fees)

I have already heard "you get what you pay for" I know, but there are some surgeons who do a really good job and dont charge as much. I just need to know where to find them! Any suggestions?

Low Price Breast Augmentation?

+4
The cost of breast implants, includes the price of implants,  anesthesiologist, accredited operating room charges, board certified anesthesiologist, medical staff, post operative garments, pre operative visits, post operative visits, pain pumps, etc. Those charges cannot be covered with a price of under $4,000 without cutting corners.

Before considering looking for the lowest prices surgeon, look at a lot of before and after photos. Check the training and experience of your plastic surgeon. Before surgery, speak to several patients about their experience. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Resident clinic

+1
It may be advisable to go to a training program where qualified professors in plastic surgery can assist and supervise a trainee in breast augmentation at a reduced cost

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

It depends

+1

There are a range of fees depending on the surgeons location and what type of care you want. I liken it to flying on a plane. You can chose first class or go to the back of the bus. Either way, you will get to your location but in one situation you will have more time with your doctor and in the other, since it is a volume business, your will likely not get all of the one on one time you may want.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Saline Breast Implants for $4,000 or Less

+1

The fees are dependent on the area that you are in.  Some parts of like South Florida where I practice has high supply of quality surgeons and high demand for services.  This ensures that breast augmentation fees are lower than elsewhere. We charge $3000 + MD Anesthesia and Facility Fees so the total is about $4000 to $4300. The important thing is to ensure that safety and excellence are not compromised so ensure that the fees that you get are in line with other surgeons in that area - not considerably lower.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Low price breast implant surgery

+1

I doubt that you will find any qualified surgeons for this price. You may want to consider a resident's clinic to control prices.

"you get what you pay for" in augmentation

+1

To give you another perspective:

You may make yourself a list of surgeons you would consider to do your surgery. Than call their offices and ask them if they are willing to do it for this particular price. You never know.

You may have residents at a Plastic Surgery Training Program do the surgery. They usually give you a discount.

But seriously you do something you want to enjoy for years to come so save your money and have the surgeon do it you are most comfortable with (regardless of price !).

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

"Includes all fees" for breast augmentation

+1

The key to understand the total cost for breast augmentation is to find a plastic surgeon (or office) that will break down the costs into categories. The cost of the facility to carry out the surgery is generally at least $1000 or more. The cost of the anesthesiologist for general anesthesia can also be in this range. Silicone gel breast implants can cost close to $2000 but saline breast implants cost less than half that. The other charge is the surgical fee to carry out the procedure. 

Our office is able to keep the overall cost down because we have an accredited office surgical suite and can do breast augmentation under IV sedation and local anesthesia which minimizes the facility fee and avoids the anesthesiologist charge. We also avoid marking up the cost of the implants and view it as a pass-through expense. 

I would not go just on price though. Ask around to find who has had this procedure done and who they went to and how they feel about their result and the experience. Then check on the specific charges from that office. If they are unwilling to break down the total cost then I would go elsewhere. Also see if anyone in your area can do the procedure for you under IV sedation and local anesthesia. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

$4000 breast implants

+1

As MC Hammer used to say "Can't touch this!"  Surgery in NYC costs way more than this because the fee to pay for the facility, staff, and implants runs close to this number.

Saline implants for $3800 including all fees.

+1

It is true that you usually get what you pay for.  There are a lot of non-plastic surgeons that offer breast augmentation, and for the most part they keep their prices fairly low.  You have to decide for yourself if you want to have a plastic surgeon that has trained for years performing those procedures (and most importantly is knowledgeable about how to recognize and manage the rare complications) or someone that has decided to open a cosmetic clinic after training in a different area of medicine.

My prices for breast augmentation (as a board certified plastic surgeon) are very competitive.

This is because 1) I own my own fully credentialed OR (actually 4 ORs) and so I can keep those costs down.

2) I have a large volume breast augmentation practice and so I can keep the supply costs down for everything associated with that procedure.

3) I have a low complication rate and so I don't charge you up front in order to offer free "touch-ups".  Yes, that does mean that in the rare instance that there is a problem I charge the patients for the costs of the OR, anesthesia, and supplies (a very reasonable fee).

4) My overhead is lower in my city so my costs are kept down.

Overall my cost for saline implants is $3800 which includes all costs -- no surprises.  I have a lot of out-of-town patients that fly in for surgery, stay for 2-3 days and then go home and wind up saving a lot of money.

It IS possible to find good bargains for plastic surgery by very well qualified plastic surgeons -- you just have to know where to look for it.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Supply and Demand for Breast Augmentation

+1

Depending on the area that you live in the price will vary, on the West Coast I have heard that the price is a little lower than what you quoted. Around Fort Worth , Texas that was the going rate for years where in Dallas 30 miles to the East it was around 5400.

The price around here has gone up some and some surgeons say there fee's include any revisions in the first year, excluding anesthesia and the facility fee. One should not expect to need a revision in the first year so they are paying extra for something that is rarely done. I would not charge extra for a ruptured implant in the first 90 days but after that I would charge.

You should have a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and listen to what they are including in there 'fee,' they are not all saying the same thing.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon