Would 500cc Saline Breast Implants Look Okay?

I'm 5'7, 140lb, have a 29in rib cage, and am currently a small B cup. I am thinking of getting 500cc mod+ saline breast implants under the muscle. I want the look of a full D, but do not want to look too fake. I also want to be able to conceal them for my job. Will this size give me the look I desire? Will this large size be more likey to have problems or sag? Thanks for any advice or help!

But that is just an educated guess. We place sizers...

+1

Hi! I think you probably will look fake with 500 cc's, but that is just an educated guess.

We place sizers inside the implant pockets during surgery, and try different volumes. This way I can tell what size will make you look large but reasonably natural BEFORE we open the permanent implants. it takes the guess work out.

A sizer costs $45 and it is really worth it.

Implant Sizing

+1

Dear Angel123, implant sizing can be tricky and you should try on implant sizers to see what your result may be like. There are different methods for sizing and your surgeon should be able to guide you through this process. There is no perfect way but you should feel comfortable with your choice, ask question and confirm the size - in writing .

Good Luck!

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Try them on

+1

I agree with the comments of the other posting plastic surgeons. It is important for any woman having breast augmentation to be evaluated on dimensions, tissue thickness and desired outcome. An implant that extends past the dimensions of your breast will thin your covering breast and increase your risk of rippling and an overall poor aesthetic resule. There are implants with a fuller volume that can allow for more volume in a narrower base width such as a high profile or the style 45 (very high profile) gel implant from Allergan.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Huge!

+1

For a 29 inch bra size, a 500 cc moderate profile will look huge in both projection and in diameter. From behind, you may look like a car with the doors open!

I urge you to understand that as the inplant size increases, it is the diameter that increases much more than projection. With a 29" chest, your inplant size would be more in the range of ~ 330 cc's. If it is projection you seek, try a high profile inplant. Whatever you do, know that with 500 cc's on you fram will not be something you will be able to conceal.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Sounds too large

+1

You might have a conflict of interest. Going from a small B to a full D indicates a significant size increase. In general, a cup size increase will give you a reasonable and natural result. Youare asking for a 3 size difference. Any implant that is needed to give you this will be relatively unnatural since the majority of your final breast will consist of the implant. I would suggest having your surgeon do a dimensional analysis of your breast to see what implant would most naturally fit your breast and chest. This can then be varied to a wider or higher profile implant knowing that the more you increase either, the more unnatural you will look. Then you have to decide between looking natural and acheiving an absolute size. Your frame might be able to carry a large breast size but the breast itself might have some unnatural features such a palpable or visible rippling or excessive roundness.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Implant size and shape

+1

500 cc mod+ implants are fairly wide. You seem to be very narrow. The wider the implant the more lateral breast you will appear to have. Certainly they will not have the same projection as an HP implant. Going a bit smaller will look better in the office. Also remember, that the larger you go the more the breast will sag.