After Rupture, is It Possible to Replace Just One Implant?

my right salin breast ruptured about a week ago, is it possible to replace just that one? The implants are about 3 1/2 years old.

Replacement of Rupture Saline Impant

+3

Yes, it is very possible to get a replacement of only one saline implant. It would be best if you could get the operative report with all of your information about the procedure on it or if you still have the stickers from the manufacturer of the implants. This will give you the size and type of implant. You can also contact the two breast implant companies or see your plastic surgeon.

Replacing Ruptured Saline Implants

+3

Absolutely, the normal process would be to replace only the ruptured implant unless the implants were older, you wanted to change to silicone or you wanted a change in the appearance of your beasts.  If you were happy up until the rupture, then you could replace the single implant without any problem.  I would recommend doing this sooner than later as the pocket can contract if left for a prolonged period of time.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Ruptured Implant Replacement

+2

It is certainly possible to replace only the ruptured implant, leaving the intact implant alone.  In fact, that is the course elected by the overwhelming majority of patients in my experience.

+1

After Rupture, is It Possible to Replace Just One Implant? at 3.5 years this seems to be a reasonable approach.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Implant replacement

+1

You certainly can have just the one implant exchanged as long as there is nothing wrong with the other one.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.