Salicylic Acid Peel for Fine Lines?

I used to get the Physicians Choice Sensi/PCA Peel for lines and acne once a month. It did okay with acne but not nearly enough. I tried the 20% Salicylic acid peel and found it to be more effective with acne and I'm able to do it more often (once a week), but I'm wondering if it will gradually help with fine lines in the same way that the more intense peels do? Or are Salicylic acid peels only effective for acne?

Salicylic acid is a very good peel

+2

I particularly like the results from Theraplex salicylic acid peels. I use these peels for acne, rosacea, melasma and photoaging. My main use is for acne, acne discoloration and rosacea, but it does do "double duty" to improve fine lines.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Salicylic peels are great for acne, not so much for fine lines

+2

You can certainly layer other peels with, or in between, your salicylic peels.  Talk to your licensed medical esthetician, who ideally is practicing with a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, not just in a medspa somewhere.  The place taking care of your skin should have many options available. 

Carmen Kavali, MD

Salicylic Helps With Fine Lines

+1

Salicylic acid peels will definitely help with fine lines and wrinkles overtime.  The acid is great for the excess sebum that causes acne, but it also stimulates cell turnover which will help improve the signs of aging skin and help with fine lines.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD