Post Breast Reduction Question?

My breast reduction was done 9 weeks ago. At first I was worried about the fact that my nipples seemed to have gone flat. They seem to be slowly recovering. I have some sensation in my right nipple and not too much in my left. I am hopeful that in time, this will improve. My question is this, the color in my nipples has completely faded. I have no color difference between the color of my skin and the color of my nipples. Is there something that can be done to fix this or might this also improve?

Color Changes after Breast Reduction Surgery?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; at this point, although your concerns are understandable, there is not much to do but wait and see if the color changes improve with time. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Breast reduction and color

+1

At this point it is all a wating game. The sensation more than likely will get better with time. As for the color, that may change a bit too.

Areolas losing color after reduction?

+1

I can't say I have seen this myself but posting photos would help the gallery have a better idea of what you are describing.  But in general, you should review your concerns with your doctor as he/she is best qualified to help you understand what is happening.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Reduction

+1

Hi,

It is still early days. It is hard to explain why the color of your nipples may have changed after your surgery, but it is likely to return to normal once everything settles down.

At this stage I would just wait and see if things improve. If after a few more months it is still the same and it bothers you, then you could consider having them tattooed to the original color. This is a common technique we use with breast reconstruction and is very effective. 

Cheers

Richard Bloom

Richard Bloom, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon