What kind of treatment is there available to rectify a scar located between my knee and ankle on the front of my leg? (photo)

What is the range of surgery and or treatment options to have my scar removed. What kind of surgery and/or treatment is there available to rectify a scar located between my knee and ankle on the front of my leg? Creams/Gels applied for several months have not improved the scar. I would like to learn of all the options to remove it completely. If it can not be removed completely, how much improvement can be expected? Thanks!

Chemical Peel

+1
Hello, a chemical peel should help lighten the scar. You may need between 3-6 sessions for the peel to be effective. Surgery would not be a viable option due to the location of the scar and it may just cause a larger scar. I would suggest continuing using the creams/gels and giving them more time to work. Good luck.