What procedures would you recommend for my nose? (photos)

I'm considering getting a rhinoplasty, would I be a good candidate?

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for best facial harmony.

+1
Rhinoplasty to refine your profile and frontal views can make your pretty features even nicer, but I would also recommend a conservative chin implant as this will give better balance and harmony to your facial thirds (forehead, nose, and mouth/chin).

If you click on the web reference link below, you will see that a number of my patients undergo subtle but visible improvements by combining rhinoplasty with chin implant placement. The latter is not a "soft" squishy implant like breast implants, but a firm implant that doesn't move, shift, or cause any concerns in the vast majority of cases, and is easily added to the rhinoplasty procedure.

No-charge consultation is available in our office, and many other ABPS-certified plastic surgeons in the MPLS/St. Paul area also offer complimentary consultations where your goals can be discussed in detail, and an appropriate plan developed. I would also have an exact cost quote at the time of consultation. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

What procedures would you recommend for my nose?

+1
  The bridge and tip can be refined in a closed rhinoplasty without visible scars.

+1
Based your photos, but without examing you, you have the potential to cosmetically improve the appearance of the nose with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. The anatomy of the nose as well as desired outcome vary from patient to patient. Because of that, the techniques to achieve a natural appearing cosmetic result need to be individualized.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do after seeing limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What procedures would you recommend for my nose and chin?

+1
The photographs demonstrate a large dorsal hump, and a weak chin profile. You are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure, and consideration should be given for a chin implant as well.
 The dorsal hump is composed of bone and cartilage and must be shaved down to remove it. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow them. Some minor tip adjustments may also be necessary to narrow and refined tip. A chin implant is placed through a small sub mental incision at the same time or as a stand-alone procedure under local anesthesia at any time thereafter. 

+1
Yes, you are a candidate for rhinoplasty to thin and refine the tip.  Bridge work would also smooth out the irregularites.  Just something for you to think about, when your chin is small, it makes the nose appear larger.
You do have a small chin and may think about some augmentation (filler or implant) to balance the lower part of your face.

Not so bad

+1
Olundo221: Your nose is fine but there are a few areas that could be improved.  Certainly your own goals are very important as well, and you should do photo-morphing with your eventual surgeon to make sure you are on the same page.  Closeup photos taken front on make the nose look even bigger than it is, but I would narrow your tip, take down your small dorsal hump, and remove that bony ridge on your upper left nose.  It would be worth trying to better camouflage your cartilages at the front edge of your nostrils.  Any additional maneuvers would depend on your breathing and specific goals.  Hope this helps and best of luck.

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon