How to talk about revision with my ps. 371, silicone, under, areola incision? (photo)

At my 5 week and he gave me "the band" and told me he believes everything will work out in regards to my left breast not have lower fullness yet. But if it doesn't, and he thinks there's a chance it won't, he may need to make the pocket bigger. My question is, was this his mistake? He said he doesn't charge but i still have to pay 2k for the extra. I didn't even ask about buying new implants. How do i nicely ask this without offending him. And why did I pay insurance if it didn't cover anything.

Post op revision

+1

It is definitely too soon to consider a revision. Every plastic surgeon wants every patient to be satisfied so he/she will want to work with you. Probably wait until you are 6 months post op.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

+1

At 5 weeks post breast augmentation, it's a bit early to consider a revision. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months before your breasts settle so try to give it some time and re-evaluate then. Wear the band and that should help along with massaging. Your surgeon told you his revision policy which is no fee for him but there is an OR and anesthesia fee which is pretty common. You can typically use the same implants so you wouldn't have to purchase new ones. Seems to me that he is working with you and wants to make you happy when the time is right. Keep in contact with him and continue going to your follow up appts so photos can be taken and your progress tracked. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

It's too early to worry about this. Wait at least 6 months. I've seen implants drop months after the surgery. If you do go on to need a revision, just be honest about your concerns with your PS. You will likely have to pay something, but hopefully a lot less than your initial surgery.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast revision surgery

+1

I would give it a few months, but if you do need a revision it is best to talk with your surgeon. revision policy should have been discussed.

Breast asymmetry

+1

It would be helpful to see pre-operative photos to ascertain that the breasts looked the same prior to surgery. The left nipple appears low relative to the right while the inframammary creases appear to be at the same height. That would suggest that either the Left breast was milldy ptotic or the implant needed to be placed lower at the time of surgery because you were asymmetric to begin with. Either way I would be frank with my surgeon regarding your concerns.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

+1

at five weeks from surgery it would be premature to plan on a revision typically. Before I committed to a surgical revision I would try other nonsurgical means first A band being one of them. I've had some success in patients whose implant remain high by treating them medically for early Capsular contracture with accolate.

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon