How Much of This is Swelling?

I Know It's Kinda Going to Be a Guess, but Just an Educated Guess Would Be Cool.  5 almost 6 days post op. 371, silicone, style 15, under, areola. Feel great. My ps and I never talked about numbers or cups (he wouldn't). Only what my goals were. He says he likes to push for realistic goals because they hold up better. But I told him I wanted as big as he felt comfortable with. These are what I got. I love them really. I know they need to drop, it's early. I'm just afraid they will lose a lot of volume still. I'm 5'4 109lb.

Swelling 5 Days After Breast Imlants Is 5 to 10 Per Cent

+3

Thank you for your question.  You appear to have an excellent result and your breasts will look much more natural after they have settled into the breast implant pocket.  Right now the implants are high and in time much more of the breast implant volume will be lower on the chest and more appropriately placed in relationship to your nipple areola.

At 5-6 days there is definitely swelling from the breast implant surgery.  It's impossible to be accurate but I would guess that perhaps 5% of the volume you see may be due to swelling or more likely due to the fact that your breast tissues have not stretched to accommodate the new volume that has been added by your breast implants. As your tissues adjust to the implants you will look more natural and slightly smaller.

I predict you will have an excellent result once your breasts have adjusted to the new size.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

How much of this is swelling

+2

Congratulations on your breast augmentation!! Yes, you are right that 6 days post op is too soon to see your final result, but you appear to be right on track.  You are most likely still a bit swollen but most of it should be gone over the next few weeks.  Keep in mind that your breasts will change shape over the next 3-6 months as they settle and your skin and muscle relax.  Your volume shouldn't change much but the shape will.  Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will be very happy with your result! ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after breast augmentation

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.  At 5 or 6 days, there will still be swelling.  There are many factors that are responsible for the post surgical swelling (amount of dissection, bleeding during surgery, etc). Swelling is at it's peak around day 3 to 5 and then will go back down.  A significant amount of the swelling will be gone over the next few weeks.  You have a nice early result and likely will not lose much volume was the swelling resolves. 

Hope this helps.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant change over time

+2

It appears that you have a nice early result and appear to be right on target.  There will be some change as your breast tissue stretches out over the implant.  

Afraid of losing volume

+2

It is unlikely you will lose volume, though you will see a shift in shape for better as the skin envelope begins to relax. Cup size will remain the same.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Big enough

+2

From your implant size and your frame in the pictures, I think it's enough volume.

It is only five days and in my opinion, most of the swelling is on top where the muscle is. As you settle in and the implants drop, the volume will continue to increase in the bottom of the breast.  You shouldn't lose a tremendous amount of volume from where you are now, it will basically redistribute to the lower pole.

Best of luck.

How Much of This is Swelling after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Difficult to give you any type of objective advice/information.  As you can imagine, some patients have more swelling than others. On the other hand, some patients feel that  their breasts look larger several months down the line, after the breast implants have “settled” ( "dropped and fluffed" phenomenon).

Therefore, at this point, your best friends are ongoing time and patience; hopefully, you will continue to be very pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Swelling post-op

+1

Sweling is the norm after breast surgery.  Over the next few weeks the majority of the swelling should dissipate.

Swelling

+1

difficult to address your concerns as you are only 5-6 days after surgery.  You need to give at least a few weeks for the swelling to resolve.  Once you are fully healed, I'm sure you will love your results.

wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Basu