Will I Get Saginess if I Reduce the Size of my Breast Implants?

Hi, I'm 30 years old and have had my implants for 7 years I'm very happy with the outcome, and I like the shape of my breasts, but because of the PIP scandals (mine are PIP implants) I decided to replace them and I'm actually thinking I want to go smaller. My concern is if my breasts will become saggy if I go from 270cc to 225cc. I know it depends on many different aspects, but if I'm in a slim shape right now and haven't had kids. Will I still get some saginess? Thanks

Reducing breast implant size : What are the risks of smaller implant size?

+1

The amount of skin laxity will determine whether it is prudent for you to downsize your implant.  It is likely that reducing breast implant size will cause some skin to be in excess. A physical examination as a second opinion is a good idea before your surgery. 

Will I Get Saginess if I Reduce the Size of my Breast Implants?Answr:

+1

My experience has been that small changes in implant size really should not cause much droop. A decrease in size less than 100cc has been well tolerated in my patients and it seems to me that the capsule around the implant even tightens up a little bit after as well...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Sagging after implant exchange for smaller

+1

Without an exam, I find it difficult to tell you whether or not your breast will sag after exchanging for a smaller implant. This can be an issue especially if the size change is large.  A 45 cc change probably will not make a big difference.

Potential Of Breast Sagging With Implant Downsizing

+1

With a decrease of 45cc, or an overall size reduction of 17%, in the volume of your breast implants, there is the possibility of creating some tissue sag. Whether that would be very visible would depend on the quality of your overlying breast skin and whether you had any breast sagging before their placement. The description of your body shape and your lack of any pregnancies suggests that you have good breast skin elasticity and that significant sagging will not occur. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleybreastaugmentation.com

Downsizing of Breast Implants and Appearance of Breasts?

+1

As you know, there are many variables to consider when exchanging breast implants for smaller breast implants. However, given your  description of  body type  and lack of pregnancies,  it sounds like you are in good shape and probably have good skin elasticity. These characteristics will improve your chances of avoiding “sagging" after reducing breast implant size.  This will in turn minimize the need for breast lifting.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after downsizing of breast implants  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person will be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastRevision.htm

PIP implants are not FDA approved

+1

You should consult the doctor who put them in and make sure all the information about your implants is correct. 

It sounds like the problem implants were more recently made and there was a change in their process that created the problem.

If you are in the US these implants have never been FDA approved , again you should discuss these with your doctor he may replace them for a minimal cost.

Web reference: http://www.graciaplasticsurgeon.com

Arlington Plastic Surgeon