Saggy Skin Under the Chin Area - Options?

I have gotten refirme at american laser (total of 6 treatments in the last 2 years), and then i got a "knock-off" thermage treatment for $575,which turns out not to be thermage. I got thermage september of 2010. I lost some weight, 40 lbs, and there was some skin under my chin. It's not terrible but very noticeable. It has improved and i still have 2 months of waiting until the results of "thermage" fully kick in, but is there anything else i can get? I'm considering carboxytherapy with refirme

Platysmal band (sagging tendon) in the neck

+2

I am not sure what this is. Whatever it is it is not just some extra skin. There are bands under the skin but they are not in the usual distribution of the inner edges of the platysma to be platysmal banding. I do not know what you looked like before any treatments were done but if you had some skin sagging without these bands then it is likely that the treatments you have had have caused scarring under the skin. These scars are then visible on the outside as bands. If that is the case no amount of botox or surface laser etc. will solve the problem.

Treatments for saggy skin under the chin

+2

What I am seeing from your photo is that you have some vertical bands on your neck.  Those are usually due to the action of the platysma, a broad but thin muscle that covers the front of the neck.

What may work for you is a few units of Botox injected into these bands to relax them.  It should decrease their appearance. You need to see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience injecting Botox into the platysma.  This is a procedure that needs to be done carefully.

Thermage and IPL skin tightening treatments are both good options for loose skin and if you had Thermage done in September, you might consider a touch-up or switch to an IPL treatment like SkinTyte.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon