Saggy nipples after breast lift and aug? (Photo)

I had really saggy breasts and I got a breast lift with high profile implants 400ccs on Friday (may 16). I kind of feel like my nipple should be higher? I know he had a hard time and he said he lifted it as much as he could. Do they look correct or still saggy?

Wait 3-4 months before assessing results

+1
You should wait about three to four months before you assess your results. While they do look a bit saggy right now, you'll have a better idea of what the optimal results are once you wait until the 3-4 month mark. Then, if you still don't like the results, you should return to your surgeon to discuss a revision. You may need more a lift. 

+1
I can't really tell what type of lift you had from the photo you posted, but you mentioned that you had "really saggy breasts" so I'll assume that you had a full lift and are just not able to see the vertical component of the scar in this photo.  As your body heals, your implants will settle and start to fill out the lower pole of your breast which should move your nipples up to a more central location on your breast mound.  Talk to your surgeon and he should be able to reassure you but until then, continue to follow post-op instructions and try to be patient as this process can take anywhere from 3-6 months.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1
It appears your nipple is below center.  I recommend you put an index card below your breasts and see if the nipple is above, at or below that level.  Then give it some time, as has been recommended.  If your nipple is still at the level or the crease, or below, you could consider raising it.

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Augmentation

+1
Thank you for providing a photo with your question. The truth is they are still saggy. When implants are placed under the muscle they need time to settle, so it will take some moths before you see your final result. That said, I don't think the type of lift performed was enough to correct your breast ptosis even after the implants settle. You will have to be patient and see but you might need a lift revision surgery in the future. 
Best of luck.

Miguel Mota, MD

Breast lift and augmentation

+1
Your implants will certainly settle over time and your results will improve.  However, it can be quite difficult to fully correct the breast ptosis at the time of augmentation - prticularly with relatovely large implants (like 400cc).  Be patient with the healing process and if you do happen to need a bit more of a lift - that operation will require much less rocovery than the operaton you just had.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Research Breast Lifts, I see there is a new way to lift w/o the vertical scar. I'd like more info on this. Does it work?

+1
Though early in the healing process I believe you were not a candidate for donut lift but you needed a full lifting inverted T lift operation... 

Saggy after Lift

+1
The nipples are low at this point. The implants will settle some over time and improve the position. It is hard to say without seeing your pre operative pictures. Best thing is to give this several months and then discuss options if needed with your surgeon. I am not sure the nipples will move up that much with the implants dropping but you will just have to be patient and see.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Sagging after lift

+1
I can't quite tell from the photos what sort of lift you had.  If this was a periareolar (donut) lift, it may well be that that is all the lift that could be achieved, but in that case you would have been better served by a vertical or anchor pattern lift. 

At any rate, I agree with your concerns. It will be best to allow this to heal and settle (3-6 months), and then evaluate the outcome. I do think that at that time you will be well served by a more extensive lift. All the best. 

Final position to be determined

+1
Thanks for your question. I agree with the other surgeons that there might be some change with the implant settling and dissipation of swelling, but likely not enough to have an ideal nipple position. Without seeing lateral views and preop pictures it is hard to say how much more movement can be done. These kind of things can be discussed with your surgeon. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Nipple position

+1
The implants will settle and the nipple position will turn up somewhat over the next 2-3 months. Right now is not the appropriate time to evaluate results. My guess is that you will need a better lift to optimize results.

Michael Hueneke, MD