Saggy Cheeks and Nose?

My cheeks and nose sag a lot when i bend over or when i am lying on my back, i am 30 years old and it has been like this since i was about 16. I don't think it has anything to do with heredity because non of my parents or even my grandparents had this issue. I heard that it could be because of upper respiratory tract infections, i have suffered a lot of infections in my tonsils and still get inflammation in my tonsils, i also have cold very frequently and have a dust allergy.

Sagging cheeks and nose

+1

Sagging cheeks and nose are very unlikely due to aging.  They are not likely due to infection either, but more likely represent your tissues.  While face lifting is not what you need, there may be some manipulations that a plastic surgeon can help with- get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and run your concerns by her or him for some first hand advice.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Cheeks and Nose

+1

If you have had saggy cheeks and nose since age 16 this is likely not a sign of facial aging.  Maybe the sagging is due to position.

Saggy cheeks and nose

+1

Tonsillitis infections and inflammation in the back of the throat have no bearing on the issue of saggy cheeks or nose.  Significant dust allergies and nasal allergies in general can make the nose more stuffy and give allergic shiners to the lower lids.  Allergies can also be responsible for chronic sinus infections, tonsillar enlargement, and nasal and sinus polyps.

Early Onset Of Facial Aging

+1

Thank you for the question. It is quite unusual to have such significant signs of facial aging at so young an age. Repeated swelling of the soft tissues and steroid use can certainly cause such effects, so can other processes such as Ehlers-Danlos, a connective tissue syndrome, that although inherited has 10 different subtypes. Some of these subtypes are so mild that patients may appear normal and are inherited through several different patterns of inheritance. This makes it one of the most frequently inherited collagen disorders and the most frequently underdiagnosed.

Having said that it is not possible to give you an opinion without, at a minimum, the aid of pictures. You may want to consider posting photos to help in the evaluation of your case. I recommend a visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for an in-person examination and a thorough review of your medical history as an initial step.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Nose shape, cheek shape #beauty #plasticsurgery #cosmeticsurgery

+1

Dear A_Z

Thank you for your question!

There is some degree of facial tissue shift when people bend over.  What is important - is how you look when in your daily position/posture- because changes to your face have to reflect this.... for example- if the skin on your nose looks good when you are bent over- it may look horrible when you are in an upright posture!

If you can send photos- this would be helpful.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Early facial loosening

+1

Repeated facial swelling can stretch tissues even in the young.

So can prednisone, if you have taken that for nasal allergies. 

The facial sagging suggests a face lift might help - I have done these for women in their 30s with excellent results.

But the sagging of your nose is unusual. 

May I suggest you schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon near you? Together you can figure out the problem and come up with a treatment plan. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Saggy face

+1

It is hard to picture what you are talking about and it would be helpful to see photos.  Maybe you are a candidate for a rhinoplasty, but certainly not something like a facelift at your age.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD