Saggy Breasts After Weight Loss. Any Non Surgical Alternatives to a Breast Lift? (photo)

i lost about 44 pounds as a result i now have saggy breasts,and as a result my breast are more flaccid and have lost volume, also i have this loose skin or creases that are more noticeable when i lay down. I wanted to know if there is any alternative treatment, like accent, radiofrecuency, or any other non surgical treatment or if i need a brest lift.Also, i wanted to know if its safe to use any kind of dermal filler, not to gain volume but to fill those creases. im 30

Sagging Breasts after Weight Loss

+1

Unfortunately there are no non-surgical alternatives to a breast lift that will give you a good result.  I would recommend a breast lift for you.  If you do not want the incisions of a breast lift, a breast augmentation alone while not ideal might be an option.

Breast lift

+1

I do not think there is a non-surgical intervention that will make you happy. A breast lift will give you your shape and perkiness back without changing your size. You also have the option of a small implant without a lift to take up the loose skin. I am afraid any non-surgical option will lighten your wallet, but not accomplish what you want.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Breasts after Weight loss without Surgery.

+1

Greetings,

• I have no experience with non-surgical procedures to restore volume and "lift" the breasts. Fat grafting is such an option, but I would suspect that the volume increase needed to restore your breast loss may be beyond the limitations of the fat grafting technique.
  • The option of implant placement to restore lost volume would be the most obvious approach to improving the appearance of your breasts. An examination and measurements by your plastic surgeon would help evaluate any benefit obtainable with a lift (mastopexy).

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Lift

+1

Your breast can be improved with implants. The only filler that could be used is fat but the volumes will not be as much as the implants

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Sagging Breasts After Weight Loss

+1

Unfortunately there are no non-surgical breast lift procedures which reliably work to add volume and tighten the skin. There have been some clinical trials with Ulthera for breast and chest wrinkles, and patients have had some slight lifting occur. Based on your photos, I would think that a breast augmentation would replace the volume loss and improve the appearance of your breast. Good luck.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Breast Lift

+1

There is not a reliable nonsurgical breast lift.  Fillers would cost may too much.  Fat grafting is a similar concept but would be cost effective.  However, it is still surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sagging Breasts After Weight Loss

+1

Unfortunately there are no non-surgical breast lift procedures which reliably work to add volume and tighten the skin. 

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Sagging breasts following weight loss

+1

Weight loss affects all areas of the body especially the breasts.  With the amount of weight that you have lost, it is not surprising that you have lost volume and therefore have developed some sagging.  The good news is that, based on your picture, your sagging appears minimal.  The bad news is that, other than re-gaining your weight, I don't know of a good non-surgical answer for you.  Again, based on your pictures, I would think that you might be a good candidate for a peri-areolar (aka, donut or Benelli) breast lift procedure which would produce the least amount of scarring on the breast.  The scar would go around the periphery of your areolae.  You could do this with or without the addition of a breast implant if you wanted to replace the volume lost through your weight loss.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast sagging after weight loss

+1

Nonsurgical means like skin tighteners do not work reliably.

It is hard to see the creases on your skin, but my bet is that fillers would not be the best option either.

Have you thought about increasing the volume of your breasts? Volume loss is the cause of your presentation. Augmentation with breast implants, or maybe even fat, will give you lift and fill. If you have folds on your back, that might be a good donor site for fat transfer.

I would recommend you visit plasticsurgery.org to find a Board-certified plastic surgeon near you!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Non-surgical treatments for breast lift?

+1

I agree with the other surgeons in that there are no good options for non-surgical breast lifting. Do not spend your time or money as you will be disappointed. Seek a consultation with a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon in you area for a complete exam to discuss your options.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon