What Are My Options For Saggy Breasts?

i am 23 and as long as i can remember my breasts have been this way i am a b small c and my sister n my mother both are dd's i have one child n did not breasts feed they did get worse after my delivery but were still pretty much this way do i need surgery..and are they jus flat out funny lookin...very self-conscious about them

Good candidate for breast augmentation with lift

+2

The answer to your questions depends on your personal concerns and your overall goals. Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation with a lift. A mastopexy would help lift the nipple-areola complex and improve the shape of your breasts. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best and safest possible option for you

Breast lift procedures improve breast shape

+2

Your breasts have a narrow footprint and are long. I would recommend a vertical breast lift and small implant to give some upper pole volume. The breast lift I would plan would include some reduction of the sagging breast tissue below the fold beneath your breasts.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast implants not recommended to correct saggy breasts

+1

Hi,

I would strongly discourage breast implants unless you desire more volume. Most women do not know this, but breast implants are heavy and as such can stretch tissues over time requiring yet another lift. Your breasts can be lifted and reshapen using the Ultimate Breast Lift. This new technique was developed using engineering principles coupled with proven plastic/reconstructive techniques to provide women with upper pole fullness without the need of an implant or a vertical scar. An internal 'brassiere' is fashioned using your existing tissue to transfer the weight of the breast on to your chest muscles to provide long term support. Most, if not all techniques rely solely on the skin envelope to provide support. And as every woman knows-that's just not enough! Women now have a new alternative to the anchor/vertical scar lift that was developed in 1957! Do your homework. You'll be glad you did.

G. Horndeski, MD

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Narrow sagging breasts and beautiful augmentation

+1

There is a component of tuberous breast to your breast morphology.  This requires attention and modifications of technique.  The base of your breast needs to be widend and a implant of sufficient base with must be selected.  A vertical style mastopexy will likely be needed.  I prefer to use a technique that I call cold-subfascial augmentation for tuberous breasts because it gives me the structural control to create a beautiful natural appearing breast with a gently slope and appropriate dimensions.  Make sure that your surgeon is doing something to address the unique morphology of your breasts as just placing an implant without taking steps to change the shape will not lead to a good outcome.  Your areolar size must also be addressed.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Options for a saggy breast

+1

There are basically three options for a saggy breast, lift, implants, or a combination of both. Breast lift is all about nipple position and considering your photo you would be a candidate for a short scar vertical lift to bring the nipple upfront and center on the breast. An implant can provide some lift, though only if the nipple is at the level of the breast fold or above. If you wish more volume than your current B-cup, an implant with the lift is a nice option.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast lift techniques have come a long way!

+1

Circumareolar techniques- can be performed for those breasts with a sternal notch to nipple distance of less than 25 centimeters. My favorite techique is the Goes lift with internal brassiere.

Lollipop or Vertical scar techniques - can be performed for all sagging breasts up to 35 centimeters. My favorite is the Lejour Technique. It is durable with a great shape (look at my photos in the gallery). Hall-findlay is easier to perform and faster but  the shape is not as good.

Stay away from anchor scar techniques - no reason to get those ugly scars!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Breast Lift Options

+1

Having a breast lift operation involves making a decision to trade an improved breast shape and contour for some (well-placed and concealed) surgical scars on the breast. For the Raleigh breast lift patient who is displeased that her nipples are downpointing, it may be a relatively easy decision. The surgical incisions are strategically placed to be as minimally noticeable as is possible. One component is around the areola, which is usually well concealed by the color difference between breast skin and areolar skin. The second component extends vertically from the '6 o'clock' position of the areola to the fold below the breast, and as the majority of this scar faces downward, it is usually quite acceptable.

Traditionally, breast lift or mastopexy surgery has involved a long, horizontal incision below the breast (in addition to the circumareolar and vertical scars), but a relatively new technique allows elimination of this incision completely.

The ‘vertical scar’ breast lift

For several years I have been using a 'vertical scar' technique for most breast reductions, which eliminates the long, horizontal incision in the inframammary fold below the breasts. I have also adapted this technique for breast lift surgery, and have been extremely pleased with the results. As with breast reduction patients, this new technique not only eliminates the horizontal incision, but also creates more impressive breast projection and maintains it better over time. The breast lift procedure I perform not only removes breast skin but also moves some lower pole breast tissue to a higher position, increasing the projection of the nipple/areola area.

Breast lift surgery works well for patients with enough existing breast tissue to build a projecting 'breast mound'. However, in most breast lift Raleigh / Durham patients it is difficult to create sustainable fullness in the upper poles of the breasts by means of a mastopexy alone. This is particularly true in patients who have experienced significant deflation following pregnancy and lactation. For patients who indicate that they wish to achieve a fair amount of fullness in the cleavage area as a result of their breast lift surgery, I recommend that they undergo augmentation mastopexy. This surgery combines a breast lift with the placement of a breast implant usually of modest size, which produces the most youthful breast profile possible.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon