Saggy Breasts After Weightloss? (photo)

Hi! I've recently lost 20 kg and am wondering what kind of lift i will need? I'm also possibly interested in a small implant to add just a bit more size and volume, but really want to maintain that 'naturael' hang that natural large breasts have. I really dislike the 'round' look where the implants are coming out of the neck. Also not keen on a hug scar, but will live with it if its necessary. Thanks for your help :) Crystal

Breast Lift and Implants To Perk Up Saggy Breasts After Weight Loss

+2

Good Morning Crystal,

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a Vertical Breast Lift (Lollipop Lift) and a small implant to give you some fulllness in your upper breast.  

With weight loss, pregnancy or aging the breasts can lose volume causing them to appear very flat and 'saggy.'  The best approach to rejuvenate them is to address the specific problems.  With a proper breast lift (in your case a 'Lollipop Lift') and an appropriate sized implant (to be determined by BOTH you and your surgeon) you can achieve PERKY breasts that still appear very natural.

The breast lift will help to elevate your nipple-areolae to a more natural position and the implant can give you some fullness in the upper part of your breast.  It is important that you emphasize to your surgeon your desire to remain natural appearing.  This allows him or her to develop a surgical plan that will make you very happy!!!!

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Rejuvenation After Weight Loss: The Power of an Implant and Lift

+2

Patients who lose a significant amount of weight can develop breast deflation and benefit from more volume and lifting.  With weight loss, the breasts tend to elongate and the nipple moves downwards. 

In my experience, a breast augmentation and lift is a great option.  Most of my patients choose a soft silicone gel implant.  We usually place the implant under the pectoral muscle in a dual plane approach.  The breast may be lifted with a vertical lift which avoids the longer scar in the breast crease.  The advantage of the implant is it fills in some of the excess skin so that an anchor lift can be avoided in many cases.

Congrats on the weight loss and best wishes!

Dr. Bresnick

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Hello

+2

from your picture it looks like you would benefit from a vertical lift with a modest implant to give you superior fullness but still have the natural look. Good Luck . 225 cc equal about one cup size if your looking for natural don't go to big in the implant size.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast lift after weight loss

+2

Thank you for your question and for the photo attached. Nice work on the weight loss!

This question might get a different and better answer with an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon. Given your stated goals, it might be possible to restore your breast appearance to your satisfaction with an implant alone. Your breasts are rather low set on the chest wall, and that will not change with a lift. Our usual goal with a lift is to set the nipple and areola at a desired height, and one guideline is for the bottom of the areola to be even with the breast fold. Without a side view I can't quite tell where your fold is. The other goal is to address excess skin and this is by removing the excess and/or filling the skin envelope with implants. 

If a lift is in order, an incision around the areola only is possible if not too much lift is needed. Otherwise, a vertical lift would be best.

These options can be sorted out during a consultation. Thanks, best wishes.

Best Breast Lift for Me?

+2

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.

I think you will be a good candidate for breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Most likely, the breast lift that will best meet your goals will be a “vertical” mastopexy,  involving an incision around the areola and vertically along the lower pole of the breasts.

As you know, in order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

I would suggest in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of the work and communicate your goals clearly. I find that the use of goal pictures ( demonstrating what you like and what you do not like)  is helpful in this communication process.