Would I Have Saggy Breast if I Have my Implants Removed??

I am 25 years old. I had a small b cup before, and went to d cup after 400cc implants put in a year ago. I want to remove the implant (nothing is wrong with it, I just don't like it). I don't have any kids yet. Will my breast be saggy?? Do I need a breast lift? How long will it take to recover?

Removing breast implants

+1

Breast volume and skin quality are intimately related.  The longer you have had the implants and the larger your breast implants are, the harder it will be for your skin to bounce back to its original state.  Having said that, I perform explantation of implants with excellent results.

Lift after implant removal

+1

It is difficult to determine if you will need a lift after getting your implants removed.  Your breasts will contract after explantation, but many factors will determine how much, for example, the elasticity of your skin.  You may wish to have them removed and see how you heal.  A visit with a Board Certified plastic surgeon should be able to provide you  more detail after a discussion of your goals and an examination.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

Every woman is different of course and without any photos, it is impossible to tell you with certainty what will occur if your implants are removed.  However, speaking in general, I have removed implants in many women who had the same concern you do. The vast majority of them did not require a lift and baasically ended up looking just like they did before the implants were placed.  I would especially expect this to be the situation in a  woman who is young and in whom the implants have only been in a few years.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Appearance after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person will be helpful.

Implant removal

+1

Thanks for your question, but without a picture it is hard to no for sure on you.  In my experience however I have removed implants without causing drooping.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Removing implants and possible sag

+1

Sagging can happen when the tissues do not have good elasticity.  It really is mulitfactorial and is based upon the size of the implants, the quality of your tissues, and the length of time you had the implants.

Sagging after implants, maybe not

+1

Many who go without implants find that there is not too much sag to the breast, and if you don't mind the gentle upper scoop your breast may look just fine without the lift. Implant removal can be very straight forward with minimal recovery.

Ptosis after implant removal.

+1

The amount of sagging, or ptosis, you might experience can depend on how much breast tissue you had prior to surgery, the quality of your skin, and how much the implants themselves have stretched your skin. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help answer these questions for your individual case. If you have saline implants, a trial of deflation can help determine what you might expect from explantation and if a lift will be beneficial.

M. Susann Bedford, MD

Removing Breast Implants

+1

While the results are not totally predictable, if your implants were under the muscle, you will probably be satisfied with the results after removing the implants. If they are on top of the muscle it might be a different story, depending on the nature of your skin and its elasticity. Taking them out is a small procedure with little postop discomfort. The look you will get will not be evident for a few weeks, so don't be worried if it doesn't look right immediately after the removal. While it is possible a breast lift may be helpful, do not consider doing that for at least 6-12 weeks after the removal in order for the tissues to adjust on their own.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD